[/Script/Engine.Engine]

I’m looking at the DefaultEngine.ini file in my game.

I see the following in there:

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="TP_Flying",NewGameName="/Script/Flying")
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="/Script/TP_Flying",NewGameName="/Script/Flying")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FlyingPawn",NewClassName="FlyingPawn")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonProjectile",NewClassName="FirstpersonProjectile")

What does that mean?

What an old class name, with the prefix TP_, vs the new class name?

Will it do this for all classes in my project, or just specific ones?

[/Script/Engine.Engine] is the class that the properties belong to. Breaking it down /Script/ is equivalent to /Game/ or /Engine/ in terms of pathing and tells us that we’re looking at a generated uclass. The first Engine is the module, the second is the class.

The active redirects is a way to tell the serialization system the new name of a class. In the case of the templates they were created with the TP_FlyingPawn class names (for example) and when the wizard renames all the classes to your chosen name we add the redirects to allow the serialized content to map from the old class names to the new ones.

In general, unless you are renaming classes with serialized content, you should not have to worry about the redirects.

Thank you Marc, that helped clarify things.

I’ve been having an issue with a projectile, so I’ve been looking into the layouts of different projects to better understand what the issue could be, when I ran into this.

Thank you Marc, that helped clarify things.

I’ve been having an issue with a projectile, so I’ve been looking into the layouts of different projects to better understand what the issue could be, when I ran into this.

Could you add more information on this?

I have a blueprint with a parent being a C++ class. I tried to migrate both to a new project but the blueprint won’t open. How do I find the commands to put into DefaultEngine.ini?

I tried the example above with no luck. All that happened is the game changed name from Foo to Bar. What should I put in DefaultEngine.ini to address this?

Thanks,
-X