Input problem with 2 or moe objects from same Blueprint

Hi all,

I have a problem (Unreal 4.6.1

35937-img1.png

):

Every things works fine when i create one object with the blueprint i created. But once i create a 2nd object from the same blueprint, the 1st one is no longer working. If i add a 3rd, the 1st and 2nd will not working, only the 3rd. If you add multiple objects from the same blueprint, only the last one work. Here are my faloowing steps:

===

Steps for reproduce

• Create a new blueprint and name it “TestText”
  • View img1
  • Select “Component” section
  • Go back to Unreal window/tab and locate the “Shape” folder
  • View img2

35938-img2.png

• Locate and drag and drop Shape_Cube from Shapes folder to “TestText” blueprint tab
  • Name the Shape_Cube “Square”
  • Squale the Square x: 1.5, y:1.5 and z:0.5
  • Click on “Add Component” and add a Box
  • View img3

35939-img3.png

• Squale this box x: 1.5, y:1.5 and z:3.0
  • Make sure that more than 50% of the box is higher than the square
  • View img4

35940-img4.png

• Select Graph tab
  • Create those nodes (view img5):

• Make sure you write “Player is on the Square” in Print String node
  • Compile and save
  • Close TestText blueprint window
  • Create an object from TestText blueprint
  • Play the program and you will see that when your player is above this square and you press F key, there is the text “Player is on the square” will display: it is working.
  • Stop the program and add a second object from the same blueprint and save and play the program again
    Issue: when player goes to the 1st square and press F key: nothing happens. It is only work in the 2nd square.
    ===

Is it a bug or there is a knowloedge from Unreal i don’t know ???
Thanks for your attention.

I forgot to mention that create a project from Third Person.

I have the same exact problem, I made a blueprint that when you press the F key it spawns some actors like capsules (for learning purposes) and they fall with physics, but when I put the second objecto to the world it stops, just the last works, have you solved it? I started my porject from a blank one.

I didn’t resolved it yet, but i found something interesting:

• i first enable the pleyrs for the input and once i done my operation i disable it. You can view my blueprint in the attachment. It doesn’t work 100% i wanted but i was able to do my thin in certain order:

• by example if you create 3 objects from the same blueprint, you must get the last one you create, after that get the previous one, … until you got the first one. It only work in order.

Thanks maxmax003

I recreated everything he did, and this worked. Thanks!

Make sure you have disabled Consume Input in the key pressed event settings. Otherwise the input gets ‘consumed’ and no other BPs will get it

Every things works for me as well! Thank you all.

Thanks a lot!!! It works now :slight_smile: