[4.7.2] Bad tessellation

Hello. Maybe that question already was here, but can’t find it, so i sorry for probable repeating. I working with material for model using flat tesselation, and make all like it described in that article tutorial. I need to make protruding squares on flat surface, like on screen below:

I need to make protruding squares on flat surface, like on screen below. When i impose my material on sphere surface it’s works:

Well, everything seems to be okay, but when i trying to impose that material on flat surface i get that:

My material settings:

Maybe thing about height map, i attach it too:

PS. Sorry for my bad English.

Can you show a wireframe of the untesselated mesh and a wireframe of it tesselated? It might be that there isn’t enough geomtry for the displacement to work correctly.
The heightmap you are showing has small details so that might be your problem here.

Untesselated wireframe:

Tesselated wireframe

Yeah, that seems to be the problem. Your base mesh doesn’t have enough geometry to start with. You want it to have more evenly distributed geometry.
Try making a plane or a cube in your 3d package, subdivide it a couple of times and try your material to see what I mean.
The reason why the sphere tesselates correctly is because a sphere is bound to have more polys than a plane