Is there a way to resize widgets[Sprites]?

Is there a way to resize widgets? I know we can toggle them with Game mode, but when you have a lot clustered close together, it gets very hard to see what’s what.

Also, could we have a toggle in Blueprint Components view?

Cheers!

Hi Walternate,

Are you referring to sprites? There can only be one widget on screen at a time, for whichever actor is selected. Sprites are visual references to lights, audio, Player Start, etc.

widget.png

You cannot currently scale size of sprites, but you can choose which types of sprites you see in Viewport. Under Show > Sprites, you can select types you want to see and ones you do not.

Hope that helps!

Thanks , that helps (though a nice size setting would be great some day;)).

There is no Show menu in Blueprint Component view though, and no apparent way to hide/show objects in Components list (i.e. eyeball in Scene Outliner). It’s a bit hard to see underlying geometry…

giant_sprites.png

Awesome! Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks for bringing that to our attention! I’ll enter a feature request in our system for a hide/show option in Blueprint Components and a sprite size adjuster in Viewport.

Aha! That’s business!

You may want to sneak that into to Blueprint Component editor ToDo list :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Upon further testing, it looks like you CAN resize sprites in Viewport on an individual basis. Select sprite you want to adjust, and in Details panel go to Rendering section. Editor Sprite Scale is what you’re looking for! You can drag slider left and right or enter a numeric value to adjust size of sprite in Viewport.

Hope that helps!

To set it for all objects:

• Viewport Options (chevron in top left of viewport) →
  • Advanced Settings
  • Level Editor
  • Viewports
  • Look and Feel
  • Billboard Scale

I found that setting Billboard Scale to 0.2 was a reasonable workaround.

Although ideally, a new option to set Billboards to a constant scale regardless of depth, would be nice. Exactly like Unity’s unchecking 3D Gizmos

Thanks to 's answer for pointing me in direction to find this global answer.

Is there any chance we could ever get a fix for this in Blueprint editor? Those sprites are completely blocking my view. And I can’t find any editor sprite scale in properties for my component (a spotlight component).

In 4.18 I am not seeing any such ‘Billboard scale’. Has it moved? Can anyone tell me where?

thanks