Compiled editor: strange mouse behavior

Hi,

if I compile the 4.5.1 editor-branch manually, I am experiencing strange mousepointer behavior if selecting or double-clicking properties in the detaills-panel.
The mousepointer goes then to the top-left of the editor-window .
This does not happen with all properties, but with most of them.

The windows-system-menu is also dropping down, if the property is double-clicked (which seems to be a mistake which automatically happens after the pointer moved to the wrong position after the first press)

This does not happen with the location- or scaling-properties and not with the precompiled engine at all.

What could I have done possibly wrong ? I am using Visual Studio 2013 with latest patches & Windows 7 64bit and followed all instructions.

Thanks,

I just updated to 4.5.1 using the launcher (so it’s the precompiled version) and I got the same issue

I did a debug of the issue with a 4.5.1-release debug build and found out that the origin of this issue is due to the handling of SSpinBox::CachedMousePosition

This issue has been fixed in the commit : 574f60147530dd4edaa4824a404932963615123b (17/10/2014)

I also got the same issue this morning after I updated to 4.5.1. Its getting quite annoying now. :slight_smile:

Thank you Speedy37 for your time and research! If you are experiencing a similar issue not related to this, please post a new question.

Excuse me, is that an official fix by Epic? If yes when is the fix going to be released? If not, how can I receive Speedy37’s fix.

Thank you

Hi this is an official fix by Epic and will be in a future release of the Engine. However, if you are using source code you can download the latest version from Github here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/574f60147530dd4edaa4824a404932963615123b

OK thank you.

I hope this gets released soon. I’m going crazy. I’m doing a lot of work on monitor 3, but it keeps snapping to monitor 1. I am using all 3 monitors though.

Can someone provide the changelist number for this fix please? Thanks!

Hi ,

The change list number is CL .

As a workaround i used my Wacom Tablet which sets the Mouse Pointer always to the same position on the screen. Maybe this can be of help for some people :slight_smile:

Hello,

Is it in any way possible to manually add this to my client?
And why does this appear to happen on my work desktop, but not on my game desktop? Resolutions of both screens are the same. The only difference is that the work desktop (where this problem keeps happening) has the second monitor on the left, instead of the right.

Greetz,
NeusAap

Please try downloading and installing the 4.6 Preview version of the engine. Open it, then open a copy of your project (keeping a 4.5.1 compatible version unchanged.) If the issue still persists, please let us know by posting to this thread.

Thanks!

Hello,

I’ll be home soon, and will try this method.
When I have the result, i’ll immediately reply to this post with the results.

Okay, so this did fix it. And nothing else broke! Amazing :slight_smile: Thanks !