Pathing via nodes, or some such

Hello! I’m looking for some way that I can (hopefully quickly :slight_smile: ) use some existing method for doing something similar to the old UE3 PathNode navigation system. The prototype that I’m working on requires rigid lines in pathing, which PathNodes (with a little tweaking to eliminate unwanted connections) were excellent at, but so far, from the documentation and UDN discussions, all I’ve been able to figure out so far is using a NavMeshBoundsVolume to cover an entire area with a path system.

Is there some way with which I can either use point-to-point building like PathNodes, or otherwise draw/create a custom NavMesh?

I’ve tried using multiple NavMeshBoundsVolumes to create lines, but when two are placed within about 100 units of each other, they merge, the navmeshboundsvolumes can’t create paths within about 70 units of a ledge, and i can’t intentionally cross navmeshboundsvolumes otherwise the paths don’t build.

Hi Eric,

Is there some way with which I can either use point-to-point building like PathNodes, or otherwise draw/create a custom NavMesh?

Not yet. Navigation graph (path-node navigation) is on our TODO list.

I’ve tried using multiple NavMeshBoundsVolumes to create lines, but when two are placed within about 100 units of each other, they merge, the navmeshboundsvolumes can’t create paths within about 70 units of a ledge, and i can’t intentionally cross navmeshboundsvolumes otherwise the paths don’t build.

If you want to precisely restrict navmesh generation to specific “lines” (in practice those will be more like “narrow corridors”) you need to use NavModifierVolumes with AreaClass set to NavArea_Null. Also, you might want to play around with navmesh generation params, especially CellSize and AgentRadius.

Cheers,

–mieszko

Hi,

Any news on the navigation graph implementation? ANavigationGraph has been there for a while but its still basically an empty class…

Thanks

any update on navigation graph? It would be mega helpfull for 2.5D 2D games or other.