HiRes Screenshot with Mask Enabled is having green background

I am trying to take screenshot with mask enabled option. There is green Background which is not necessary for me. But the view is from camera

Here I am trying it from viewport and the output is transparent. But the view is not from camera

347580-screenshot-2021-08-30-131122.png

How can i get camera view screenshot with opacity as background by using HIResScreenshot Node?

1 Like

Yes it is taking whole screenshot of camera view. But i want to isolate everything except those 3 actors. And the background should be transparent

Did you try turning off mask enabled?

Or

So, select those 3, and under details, check ‘render custom depth pass’. When you take the shot, the output has a transparent background with those 3 on it.

I am trying to take screenshot in runtime when i am taking in runtime background is green.

if i do it manually what you said is working fine

Please have a look into my project blueprint

link text

I just did it with a BP at runtime, that also works.

( i am taking a look… )

I can’t open it.

It works in 4.26.2 with this:

What camera are you passing?

I kept a camera in viewport and passing it as variable to select instance editable

Sorry, I was away. Are you running 4.27?

I am using 4.26.1 . Please check this project [link text][1]

I found the issue. But i am not able to solve it

If i keep the file name I am getting only green background png

If i remove file name i am getting one png and one green bg

But i am trying screenshot to be stored in a location with the name i suggested in runtime

Have you tried specifying a name longer than 4 characters? ( I know it sounds a bit mad, but I have seen this elsewhere in the engine ).

Yes i tried with 10 characters also still the same issue

Yes and also if i windows build the project the screenshot is not capturing or i am not able to see where it is saving

Yes, tried various combinations, and it only works without file name. Nice…

It will be in the user hierarchy after packaging, I’m just taking a look.

Meh, it won’t package for some reason. But the output will be somewhere under:

C:\Users\AppData\Local\ProjectName…

No it is not there in C:

If i set path in project settings screenshots output is coming into the path i mentioned. But if i build that project as it I am not able to see the output where it is saving

I can’t build in 4.26 at all at the moment, will take a look when I sort that out…

Okay Sure

Ok, wow, packaging working again…

Yeah… getting nowhere fast here.

If I package for distribution, it just crashes when I take the shot.