Release date for UE 4.19 - I can't work in UE anymore

Hello, I started to develop projects in UE 4.18 and my laptop(Sky X9E2 max config, 1080Nvidia, 64GB RAM, i7-6700, 4Ghz) and my Windows 10 has started to glitch significantly, I thought it is because of old Windows installations and some drivers issues, I had 5 freezes daily since day 1 of release UE 4.18.

Yesterday I have bought new SSD drive (Samsung 960 PRO M.2) and installed fresh Windows from the internet, then installed Unreal Engine, started to work with it, and after 15 minutes my computer has frozen again.
How can I work anymore in Unreal Engine? I was going to develop AR application, but 4.18 doesn’t run and 4.17 is too old for the projects I run. Please help me what to do!

my old topic:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/general-discussion/1382887-ue-bug-entire-pc-freezes-and-i-have-to-hard-reset-it

I blamed Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers (I tested 3 different versions from many months) since Windows 10 is clean and Nvidia drivers are all good, only who can cause the problem is Unreal Engine

Perhaps that’s the problem right there ?

no it’s all legal, I have Windows 10 PRO version.

@SAMBUEV you can try to install Linux. Its free. You have to install everything manually. See if you have the same problems. If your running mp plugins your project may not open in linux so disable them before you copy over. I have had issues with windows virtual memory and turned it off, hibernate file system, and set connection to metered so it wont update. Linux doesnt compile shaders and build lighting as well as win. There are fixes for some shaders under documentation. Its good to have a project on 2 os. If it gets down to troubleshooting broken issues you can always see if u have them on the other os. I have 4.16-17 and 18 on debian mint.

i see a lot of these pop up …
i installed Windows 10 on release day, never went back
never had an issue
run 3 monitors without slowness
i have way less problems with performance with Windows 10
my productivity has gone up since switching to Windows 10

I also have problems with the last windows update and Nvidia thing’s. Removed Nvidia Experience completely and terminated some nasty windows service’s to get thing’s working normaly.

Apply updated AMD/Intel/Nvidia graphics drivers (not from windows update), and change in intel graphics panel to performance, in Nvidia Graphics panel - High Performance NVIDIA processor.

Samsung magician for SSD windows AHCI fixup, Take down Windows service superfetch and Nvidia Telemetry service.

Check task manager for disk reads/writes and CPU/GPU usage.

If windows update replace the drivers! run gpedit.msc - Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Windows Update - Do not include drivers with Windows Updates - enabled.

Same. I can use the editor for hours and there are no problems other than crashes I caused myself.

Hello guys, I have not tested it yet, but please check this:

1. Substance Painter forcing you to change registry keys TDR, it’s good for Painter but crashing entire system to freeze. Do not follow Substance Painter warning messages.
    I cannot test it because I had to re install Windows entirely.
  2. Please check your memory speed clock, mine set manually to 3000Ghz speed, insted of 2400Ghz by default, I have not rever it yet, I going to do it if I see another freeze, since I have not touch TDR I cannot tell who is giving me this bug, either 1 or 2…

Only third day on new Windows, I have not used much UE4 yet.

The difference here is 4.18 don’t have support for DX10 anymore from what I know, probably you’r GPU or something work bad with DX11 ? or probably there is some other kind of error.

Hi,

If substance as asked to enable TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery), the system as an standard WDDM graphics driver from windows update and on older graphics cards some specs are virtualized by the driver.

Take down windows update for drivers, and apply the most recent driver’s for AMD/Intel/Nvidia.

In my case drivers update didnt help. I ve tried 3 different versions far from each other.

So the problem probably was bad RAM from G.Skill, I have set it to 3000Mhz as it should be because I overpaid just to get this speed, I had to lower it to 2400Mhz which is significantly lower. Don’t blame Substance Painter when it asking to modify registry keys, it’s totally Okay, sorry I have blamed it. My restarts were happening anyways, so only changing BIOS settings to basic level probably helpmed me, I don’t know yet, I have to test it for week or more to get clear idea. If there no crashes, then it was bad RAM overlocking failures.

If you bought 3000Mhz ram, and it doesn’t work at 3000Mhz, you should return it.

I did a memory test, and it shows some errors. I don’t have time to send it yet; I’ll look for warranty, maybe there are ways to fix it.

That’s most likely the cause for all of your problems, yeah. With that image you shouldn’t have any problems getting them exchanged, any errors on new ram are completely unacceptable.

I learned recently that my bios is out of date and therefore incompatible with much of windows 10 (causing a lot of crashes, memory problems, and resets on my fairly high end computer). You may want to check into if your Bios is older than 2016 and if it is, update it.

To check, open the search bar in the start menu and type in msinfo and click on system information

This is a common misconception. It never works this way, you always have to overclock your CPU memory controller and probably enable XMP as well if you want to run a higher frequency, even if the memory stick says it’s clocked at 3000Mhz. This might or might not include changing the timings and voltages. If you get errors, tweak the settings and rerun the tests until they pass… rince and repeat.

You don’t do any of that manually though. I just put in the memory, enable XMP, it automatically has the correct settings and works.