World Outliner - Folder will not delete 4.14

i have the same issue, empty folders in world outliner coming back after delete and save level. UE4 4.20

Hi, I am having the same issue in 4.26.

Any solution yet?

Is there any staff that want to try my UE4 scene?

This bug is annoying.

to reproduce it, simple:

• Load 2 maps in the Levels (one persistant, one additional).
  • Select the additional map, make is current, copy the additional assets.
  • Select the main map, make it current and paste the assets.
  • Remove the additional map.
  • Move the copied asset in a new folder for example ā€œadditionsā€
    The folders from the additional map you just copied are empty but cannot be deleted.
2 Likes

This bug is still alive and kicking in 4.27.

Bug still alive in 5.0.3, it would be great if It was fixed, Itā€™s annoying to have many useless folders in the outliner

3 Likes

I think it might be worse than just leaving folders behind that will not delete. I think it might be a cause of some editor crashes. The problem must be with dead references to actors that no longer exist in the given map.

Nicolas1966 is correct with his steps on how to reproduce.

Amazing that it is still in ue5.

1 Like

Can someone please provide a new project created in 4.27 or ue5 that has this problem? My current project has been upgraded from 4.04. It has this problem but I cant get a new project to do it?

1 Like

Itā€™s November in 2022 and Iā€™m getting this error in 5.0.3. Why is this marked as solved?

Iā€™m running 5.0.3 and was seeing the same issue. I fixed it by right clicking on the folder and selecting Unpin from the context menu. That seemed to do the trick.

This works for me. Also moving the folder to another folder and then deleting it works for me. So now iā€™m mixing the 2 ways to delete this folders.

Nope, doesnā€™t work for me. Renaming, moving, unpinning, pinning in every combination will simply not get rid of the folders. It is mind-boggling to me how Nanite exists and I havenā€™t been able to delete folders in the outliner for six years.

1 Like

New to Unreal, using 5.0.3 on Windows, and just ran into this bug. Glad Iā€™m not alone, but crazy how long this bug has been around. Add my voice to this really needs to be fixed.

• Neil

Hello guys, I fixed the world outliner empty folder with fixed up the whole Content Folderā€™s redirectors :smiling_face_with_tear:

Iā€™m getting the same problem on UE 5.2.1, hope it gets resolved incredibly annoying