[Work-In-Progress] SUPER DISTRO

Sadly can’t afford a crew; But I’ve been talking to CheapModdler to hopefully get some 3D art off him :>

And he’s going to get it too.

Woo :wink: See? Who needs a crew when you’re surrounded by an awesome community? :>

So I’ve been working on getting the introduction done.

Seeing as I’ve been playing Majora’s Mask 3DS, It seems a lot of it has been rubbing off on my project; Which is never a bad thing!

I originally had the daunting task of getting voice actors, But then I thought “Heck, I’ve already created a localisation system - Let’s just use Text!”

Once the introduction has been re-done, I’ll show the progress I’ve made, but until then… Take a quick-sneak peek at it

(To be honest, The only reason I took this screenshot was because I thought it was cool that UE4 includes the cameras in the Depth of Field :P)

< IMAGE REMOVED DUE TO CHANGE OF ART-STYLE >

So I just started writing a book about Super Distro!

That’s right! All the little interesting little nuggets I’ve picked up with my time on Unreal Engine 4 (Such as animated loading screens) as well as sprinkling some personal thoughts on game creation .etc are all packed into the book!

I’ve just started writing it and it’s very much as work-in-progress, But if you’d like to read a part dev-log, part tutorial and part rambling on my part, then head on over and give it a read (There’s not much at the moment, As I’m literally typing it up as we speak!)

BOOK LINK

Oh my… I just found this, haha amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuh, I’ve finallly finished this thread! :slight_smile:
I’m glad you overcame all this %!@# problems and was able to continue your project after dead hdd, I personally just hate to remake what I’ve already done and after my first hdd death I copy manually my projects to external drives + cloud storage. Of course sometimes these problems could lead to nice project reboot(like in your case), but IMHO one dead hdd is enough to mature developer :smiley:
Also Epic guys are Epic!

Now about feedback/suggestions/critic etc:
I think you should switch your focus to core gameplay and work on this. Some features early are nice indeed and main menu is good, but I honestly believe that you should focus on fun aspect of core gameplay before you start to work on supplementary features. So I’d recommend to push basic gameplay development to this point when you could actually play game and have fun with it!

haha this looks great

Congratulations! That’s awesome news :slight_smile:

I was about to link you to the steam achievements tutorial… but you’ve already been there =/

Congratulations! :smiley: