[WIP] The (VR) Dungeon Survival Project

Interesting project you started, and congratulations on the job already done!
Looks really good!

Thanks Deams!

Quick update since the last one:

• Got final dungeon art
  • Mostly done implementing dungeon’s procedural generation theme
  • Integrated hand motion controls for picking up physics objects and items, each hand independent.
  • Integrated darkZ’s full body IK for much more stable and visually pleasing arm IK.
  • Implemented a bunch of different items and art for the dungeon theme to place.
  • Done a bunch of work on the “tank” style orc enemy, including implementing AI and animations
  • Misc features and improvements I cant’ remember right now.
  • Sourced sounds for hunger system (stomach grumble, and vomiting sounds).
  • Implemented 9000 modular swords pack into JCInventory

The plan currently is to get the motion controls and VR control working 100% while I finish up the dungeon item placement and decoration. After that I’ll be moving back onto enemies, then traps, then I’ll be getting combat for motion controls done and packaging it into a demo hopefully!

Looking good, once again!

I like the idea of 1:1 control of the melee weapons with physics.
If we had a controller with force feedback, not just the vibration in the planned ones, that would give it even another depth.

How were you feeling when you get your sword stuck under the table but having your real hand in a different position?
By the way, are you using a leap? :slight_smile:

Are you planning on adding different edges for the sword?
Dynamic forces on impact based on velocity, angles, materials, etc with destructive meshes?

So it never takes control away from you in this scenario (i.e., sword under the table), it ends up just pulling the sword upwards, and also can sometimes deviate away from the actual hand position, which stays 1:1.

Getting it stuck is interesting as you definitely notice pretty quickly, though I think it will feel nicer with sounds.

I do indeed plan on making the materials of your weapon matter, as well as having destructible items.

Thanks for the info!
Looking forward to the next update. :slight_smile: