WindQuest development - very basic vehicle physics robot drive test success >>>

Made some improvements to main menu >>

Testing multiple menus, toggles, legend, pausing and can still toggle legend, saving and loading.
The clock animation on loading screen 1 is still work in progress.
Using the animation feature in UMG for the first time :slight_smile:

Testing loading screen animations:

Saving and loading is now working for both player pawn and the repair and customization on station.

I am not using the Async save game to slot yet but will try that today since the station is going to have dozens of sections and I see a train smash coming :slight_smile:

Currently just using the Save game to slot.
The Async node has an output pin “completed” which means it allows all the save data to load first before the execution line continues. Its designed for heavy loads and loading screen staring.

My saving and loading system finally figured out. I am not using a Save Game Object Data variable and working straight off the Save Game Object so there are a lot of wires going all over the place. Works great though and and also very fast.

Just removed the last bug from my saving, loading, repair, customization, menu screen toggles. Man … all I know that took me 2 weeks with plenty of bug fixes. Learning how to do it right and how to make it all interact was at least a third of the time. Programing is not to be underestimated. There are so many different ways you can string processes together in Unreal 4 and in what order and on what Blueprint class makes a HUGE difference.

And as it turned out all the bugs were just me.

Did some cleaning up.
Still more to do.

Blueprints still need some cleaning up and effecientization. For the most part its built pretty well I think. Its not too simple so I cant cut it down too much.I already cut out a lot of casting and forloops. Only 1 Tick used so far and that gets disabled after its use just once at the start of the game. So NO Event Ticks during the game except for the nodes and BPies that tick themselves. No button or text binds.

Snip, snip always feels good on a Friday … :slight_smile:

Here is the semi final color grading settings.
This is more or less what the final will look like.

Testing 2 sections repair and customize.

Code for 2 sections are working flawlessly now its just a matter of repeating what I have now and finishing the 3D modeling and texturing of the WindQuest station.