Windows cursor is being shown when accessed widget through Set Input Mode UI Only?

Also on a side note: When the cursor is being shown and I press and hold down mouse1, I can see my character moving/rotating around as I move my mouse. (See the shadow on the monitor). If I never press mouse1, this doesn’t happen and the widget works as it is supposed to.
mouseholddown

1 Like

Does it also happen when you set the widget component to no Collision:

Tried this as well. No change in behaviour.

What does the PC says when they Tick it?

Where should be this done? In the Computer Blueprint or in the Screen Widget?

Also, I can only get Show Mouse Cursor, if context sensitivity is disabled, therefore it needs a Target too.

Like this it prints constant “false”. This is in the widget’s tick. And it also prints constant “false” in the ComputerBP as well.

Here is a video as well:

Also, this might be a long shot, but another problem I have, which prevents me to build my game is this error message:

LogInit: Error: Failed to load cursor ‘C:/Users/MyUser/Documents/Unreal Projects/Game_2024_v3 5.4/Content/None’
LogInit: Error: Failed to load cursor ‘C:/Users/MyUser/Documents/Unreal Projects/Game_2024_v3 5.4/Content/None’

Haven’t been able to fix that problem either. Based on googling the topic it has something to do with the Hardware cursor etc. Just thought to post this here too. No idea if these two problems are somehow related.

Are you using any?

Well, I wasn’t, but after some googling I did a custom cursor in Photoshop, made a folder called Slate into my Unreal Engine project and put the path there. Now, the error (and many other errors) are gone, when I’m trying to build.

Now there’s only one error (last two lines of the Output Log after trying to build are like this:)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error