Widget animation stops before it's meant to

Hello! @TorQueMoD thank you for your reply! do I do it like this?

a new character and replace the mario
model

Disappointing :expressionless: No Sonic.

Hello @TorQueMoD it seems the chances for it stopping abruptly have have decreased but it still occurs from time to time (the “invalid” text’s animation has not finished)

Oh originally I was planning a sonic game but I don’t know how to replicate sonic’s jump (where he turns into a ball, i think it’s another model), i think the levels look more like it’s from a mario game

Ha, now I’m satisfied :slight_smile: !

i think it’s another model

That’s how I’d approach it, yeah.

Weird, before it would show the
“complete!” message once it reached
the end but now on the 3rd try it
stopped (before it was meant to) and
said “complete!”.

I’m a bit lost, I admit :|. I had problems with very short (less than .1s) anims not playing correctly when you change their direction during the animation itself but that’s not the issue in your case.

Yes, but you need to add in a delay node which fires after your animation plays and then connect the end of the .02 + pin into the delay for the amount of time you want it to delay. So then you’re telling the engine, Play this animation but delay the next bit of code until the animation’s end time plus 0.2 seconds before doing whatever else you’re telling it to do. Again, this was only if you are actually calling any code After the play animation. It was just to give the animation enough time to finish playing before you do whatever else it is you are doing with the code.

Depends, you could also do Sonic’s jump with an animation. He spins so fast that you wouldn’t necessarily need to swap out the model. But yeah in the original 2D games it was a new sprite.

Requiring a product key isn’t going to stop Nintendo from shutting down your project though so ultimately it’s a wasted effort.

@Everynone I tried posting this to the bug reports section but they moved it here, I think it’s a bug

@TorQueMoD Oh how about the effect? (the glowing blue effect sonic has when he jumps)

It sounds like maybe you’re pretty new to the engine. You should watch some tutorial videos online on how to get better with the engine. The best ones are Tesla Dev, Matthew Wadstein and Virtus Learning Hub.

You would use an emissive material to make a glow effect and it’s probably not a bug if they moved it out of Bug reports.

Oh alright thank you @TorQueMoD and @Everynone for helping anyways! Oh I have another issue, I tried posting it here but no one replied, do you have any clue on why this happens (the terrain looks weird) when the game level loads? (after a few seconds it fixes itself)

Most Likely LOD settings. You can specify LOD setting in the landscape details. Often it’s a good idea to give your game a fade in from black so that it has a few seconds to load everything properly like grass, landscape etc.

Hello, thank you for your reply! I’ll try messing around with the LOD settings, thank you again for everything.

@Everynone Sorry! I forgot to post the curve editor thing, here it is:

This is the curve for the text that sometimes finishes the animation too early