Why won't my wheeled vehicle move?

I thought it could only use 4, no more and no less without editing engine or making a new class with C++

It says so (that you can have more than 4) somewhere in ue4 documentation or in one of tutorials on unreal channel.
So I thought it would be safe enough that I wouldn’t need to test it myself. point is that wheel count could be problem if a vehicle is not moving.

Hi all,

I facing same problem, and I already read all comments on this page, did everything that I can, but there is no way to make a single car to move on Unreal.

I already spent about 10 days trying to move a single custom car, but it’s impossible.

If I use mesh provided on tutorial, it works perfectly, but following same steps, I can’t make my car move. wheels are half in floor all time, doesn’t matter how many changes I make in Blender.

For me, this is not easy. I already spent 10 days without success. I know that for some of you this is something trivial, that is why I’m here.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my model?

I’m sending blender file, as well exported fbx file. (PS: I’m just a baby with Blender, as well with Unreal)

Well, my file has 42MB, so I had to upload to a different site. file will be available for 7 days:

http://wikisend.com/download/889360/.

If someone can help, could you make a video or explain exactly which menus or keys your have pressed while working in Blender?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Does it matter if its not red arrow pointing forward? On my skeleton, all joints face same way; arrow facing backwards.

Juan, what is vehicle actor doing? Can you attach a screenshot of your BP setup? Have you simulated while BP window was open to make sure there are no code breakages?

Hi , you need to set pivot point (a ground joint). Your car thinks floor is there where bones/joints begins. Here have a look at picture.
I needed a long time to figure out everything about cars myself.
My car wasn´t moving too. I think problem was axis orientation of root-joint and wheel-joints. x-axis has to be set to front.

Dear Juan, which FBX version are you using? I can´t open it with C4D nor Blender(STEAM-ver.).

I attach the [DesertRallyRace.fbx]-Buggy from Epic Games VehicleGame. I think this should be very helpful. link text

My vehicle now spins its wheels but can`t manage for car body to move
Please help, pivot for car body is low at origin so no clue of what is wrong

My vehicle now spins its wheels but can`t manage for car body to move
Please help, pivot for car body is low at origin so no clue of what is wrong

[Hey, Was hoping you guys can give me some support, wheeled vehicle class is not working for my custom car.
Works perfectly fine with car intructor gives on but any other car just dolink textesn’t work.
Please HELP!! I’m freakin out, vehicle class is awesome but not if you can only use it with default assets!!.
I’m attatching my fbx for you guys to check out!!

[Hey, Was hoping you guys can give me some support, wheeled vehicle class is not working for my custom car.
Works perfectly fine with car intructor gives on but any other car just dolink textesn’t work.
Please HELP!! I’m freakin out, vehicle class is awesome but not if you can only use it with default assets!!.

Did you make sure joint Z axis is pointing up? This one did trick for me

In physic asset of your car mesh, try changing value of physics type kinematic to default.

Hi, I have not read all of comments on this page, but in case you are still looking for a workaround to fix it - just read this thread, it offers, very likely, what you need:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/content-creation/21359-collision-problem-on-vehicle-model-skeleton-importing-from-maya

Make sure to read till end (2 pages), it helped for some people, (if not for everyone)

Edit:

That video is somewhat outdated, make sure to check these official doc guides as well:

(Optional) If you are new, then read look at “Physics Asset” section there:
http://api.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Physics/Vehicles/VehcileContentCreation/index.html

(Important) up-to date vehicle setup guide:

have same problem here.

Just note that wheels need to be setup correctly with bones and colliders. I have same problem. but try changing wheel radius. in wheel blueprints and on colliders. didn’t work for me but does it for you.