Why can't UE4 detect Xcode on my Mac?

same problem, is there a way to say where Xcode is installed?

I ran in the same issue. I solved it by giving the UnrealCEFSubProcess full acces to the hard drive.
Therefore go to System Settings and then Security. Unlock editting at the bottom left corner.
Then click to + and navigate to /Applications/Epic Games Launcher/Contents/UE4/Engine/Binaries/Mac/UnrealCEFSubProcess

Then everything shall be working.

This worked for me, but had to sudo xcode-select --reset

Hello, I had the same problem, when using the solutions here they did not work for me, the fact is that I solved it this way, When I put the command this in the terminal (xcode-select --reset) it threw an error, in the same error it indicated that it should be this way (sudo xcode-select --reset) I tried this way and it already threw me something that if it worked, that way try again, if it does not work instead of putting sudo xcode-select --reset put sudo xcode-select --r, once done in this way, do the solutions here again and You will see that the correct location already changes, I hope that my solution helps you all, greetings.

This worked for me, my xcode was still in the downloads folder. I just moved it to Applications and UE4 detected it.

Thanks. That work for me, also

Be sure the Xcode app is in the Application folder!

I did exactly what you did, except my path is still Library/Developer/CommandLineTools instead of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer…does XCode come with Mac or is it on the App Store??

This worked for me. It might be a good idea to update the thread. Thanks.

xcode-select --reset totally worked for me. Thanks.

&

i did those steps open xcode app the go to settings you have to activate your id on xcode app then finish intallation on the menù once you activate devolope mode go to mac settings accessibility and allowed access to xcode on your mac then open epic games and run the up unreal engine !
should be work for sure

It is on the App Store. You need to download it, then run Xcode-Select

If any1 in these days got this problem and he is end up here (like me).± I am using 11.x xCode (Mojave Edition) that is old, i have to download it from git to be enable to use it, so i had some problems with it. No matter, i made it and i got this problem, cause the git version is installing the xCode in Libarary/ComandLineTools/Developer or something like that, just find your .app file of xCode and move it to applications and all will be alright :slight_smile: hope i help!

RESOLVED - Using instructions in link: How to Fix "Can't Find Xcode" When Installing Unreal Engine - Simple Help

Hi all,

I appreciate all the above, however, I am completely new to Mac and Unreal Engine - My Mac: Imac Pro running Monterey V12.6.

Can someone list step by step instructions what is required to resolve this issue please?

There are so many possible solutions above, but it is all over the place and I can’t wrap my head around it - I’m still trying to understand how to navigate around a Mac’s file system.

An easy to follow guide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!