Why C++ for Unreal 4?

[=Vipar;15852]
Coming from a Java/C# background a lot of these posts seems misinformed on how programmers who never Learned C++ looks at this monolith of a language.

C++, while technically not that much harder to learn syntax-wise than the above-mentioned gives you SO MUCH POWER that it’s intimidating like crazy.
I’ve tried to do C++ from time to time but every single time I run into the problem of Pointers. I understand what a pointer is. I understand what a pointer is supposed to do. But I have no idea when to use one and I have yet to find a definitive explanation that says “These are the scenarios dum dum”.

All they do is tell you what a pointer is, how to access the data from a pointer and also how to get the address of a pointer. But other than that? Good luck!

[/]

Dear Vipar,

I did my best to provide a very inventive explanation of pointers and how they work and when to use them and why they are awesome here:

I am linking you to my subsection on “Why Use a Pointer?” as per your above, since my article strives to specifically expand on this topic beyond just the basics.

Why Use A Pointer?

Please let me know if it helps!

I first introduce the concept of pointers here:

Again I tried to be very innovative with my explanations.

Enjoy!

(I am posting this for any other readers to enjoy as well)