Where is the sprite component?

I’m trying to follow a tutorial, which it indicates me to add a sprite component, but for some reason I can’t find the component. I was wondering if someone could tell me if the naming has been changed or if the component has been removed?

The easiest way to add components in my opinion is to open the blueprint and click the View Port tab, then click Add Component (found at the top left by default). From there you will see Sprite (Paper2D).

If you want to reference your Sprite component into your blueprint you will just drag it from the left (default location) where the component items are listed and onto your blueprint.

Hey AkatoshReturns,

I’m not sure which tutorial you’re working out of however, if you’re inside of a blueprint you can type in ‘sprite’ in the search bar and the 2DPaperSprite will appear under the ‘add component’ list.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reply back to this thread.

Cheers!

Hi, I’ve sorted the issue out now. However, I’m trying to implement a door lock into my scene. Blueprint communication was briefly discussed by my tutor, but I’m still very confused.

This was the tutorial that I just followed. I want it so the player can’t open the door when using a key function, but can open the door only when activated the switch. I still want the whole implementation of the key function though. Would you be able to help me out with is? Any help will be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi AkatoshReturns,

Please open a new post for a different question. Thanks!