What is the average pay per hour for UE4 freelancers?

Out of curiosity what generally pays more from the developers point of view… The 3d modeling/animating side of things or the blueprint/functionality Code side of things? So like what would a higher expected value be between say a highly detailed character movement blueprint with all parameters created for easy edibility or a high quality character modeled with uv included and a couple small animations.

Does one generally value more then the other? I know it depends on the individual artists, requirements and situation but any general feeling as to what a developer could be paid more as a freelancer?

Your point is well taken although I am not sure I would put modeling car parts that are going to be 3d printed and implemented on real world cars in the same realm as making a car model that is gonna be driven around a digital world.

Hey,
The cost depends on different things. A country, seniority level of developer, etc. To find a stat you can check average hourly rates on Upwork
Here you can find more information about average salaries Worldwide

LOL you mean bitc… xD anyway guys please dont drop prices like with 3d modeling was happen. I was talking with friend in Australia out of office people take 600AUS $ for hour working in autocad, AUTOCAD!!! so 3ds max and other programs have to be 3 times more expensive but that was not the case. You have freelance sites where indians(dont want to offend nobody but that was reality) are cheap as hell. I in europe if you ask me in arch and product design, UE I would take 3-5 times more than 3ds max, why? well you have 3-5 times more work and when you finish you can get animation and realtime, and good animation cost a lot of money still today. Anybody can make 3d model, but looking good cant. Also there is the trick who order project. In most of cases there is people that doesnt know how to turn computer so it is space tehnology for them, so dont drop price, if they have a little clue still dont understand how it works (dont drop price again xD). I had people on arch faculty that on fifth year they see space around them as 2D space they dont realize 3D, and that is 50% of them. And there is also demand… a lot of factors are in the game but be strong, and your negotiation skills are most important, dont be droped by good negotiation person that doesnt have a clue what process you have to do for finall product! good luck :slight_smile:

The best way to set fair rates for your clients is to check prices on Upwork or job sites like Monster or Glassdoor. However, the latter ones show salaries, not hourlycost of the services.
Personally I visited Upwork and noticed that prices depend on your location. The lowest rate I noticed was $16 per hour - the guy is from India. Bulgarian UE developers charge a bit higher - $20. While the highest rates are in the USA and Canada - $120+.
If you want to learn more about salaries in different countries, there is a salary guide. It covers such countries as India, China, Poland and Ukraine.

1 Like