What do I have to do to get a proper reply from?

I wish I had read this thread before embarking on a marketplace asset - I just put in one for approval and got rejected with what sounded like a general ‘quality not good enough’ response. The thing is we looked at what was on the marketplace and tried to beat the quality of the worst item (and I thought we did).

this is our webpage with video and screenshots; MindlessBrain - Games

If anyone has any feedback as to why it was rejected I would love to hear. (we asked Epic to respond to - I wasn’t even sure given what seemed like a vague email if they would - but I don’t know where to look to fix this; I spent a lot of time on this pack!)

Well they responded and said the models were too simple and the materials had obvious seams. Ok, I thought what I did was better then a different marketplace asset and I still think thats true (one that was release just a month ago BTW) - but right now without an obvious quality guide (epic said they don’t discuss other sellers products in their response) - I have no idea how to move forward; maybe I will just give up and consider this time as wasted and never do another marketplace asset…

[=“JoelUtting, post:41, topic:89576”]

Well they responded and said the models were too simple and the materials had obvious seams. Ok, I thought what I did was better then a different marketplace asset and I still think thats true (one that was release just a month ago BTW) - but right now without an obvious quality guide (epic said they don’t discuss other sellers products in their response) - I have no idea how to move forward; maybe I will just give up and consider this time as wasted and never do another marketplace asset…
[/]

You’re already invested in the asset and would like to see it on the marketplace, you just need to polish it. Retexture your assets, take a look at Substance painter/designer to create PBR textures without seams, maybe even add some details to your models to make it less repetitive. Use reference images likeimages.immediate.co.uk/production/volatile/sites/7/2019/04/DJND2R-817b984.jpg?quality=90&lb=1456,969&background=white too see what doesn’t look realistic (maybe some dirt on the texture?) and improve it.

Even if Epic staff would have accepted your asset, the level of quality would have reflected on your sales.

Yes I have rethought some things and come to those conclusions too, but thanks for responding. Got quite frustrated after all the work - I think mainly I had in mind that if I could do better then an asset on the marketplace already it should get thru, but I see the points they made - and I kind of agree with a curated marketplace to keep out the ■■■■. I didn’t think mine had ‘obvious’ seams when I was working on it, but then I took a closer look and now all I can see are the seams…too close to it I guess.

Here’s my entry into the “rejected for low quality” of fame…enjoy!