Using an Enum to choose which weapon is spawned

I did go to Google first, … then to YouTube, then the answer hub, then I searched these forums. I only make a new thread here if I can’t find the answer somewhere else.

If you don’t like the questions people ask feel free to not answer them. Specific question are how people learn. For instance, I had no idea that it was even possible to do the mapping thing, but thanks to @and-rad, I do now. I’ve already used that knowledge in other places within my project. I went and changed some of the stuff I had already done because that was a much better way to do things.

So, here’s a “look it up” I did:

Completely useless … as are most of the entries on docs.unrealengine.com. That’s why we come here!! Because we don’t have full and perfect knowledge of everything Unreal, and sometimes that knowledge is not so easy to find.

I’m not spawning a projectile, I’m spawning a weapon, a projectile weapon as opposed to an energy weapon …

… ah never mind. I’m done with you.

I wouldn’t go around calling API references useless if I were you. The moment you look at something a tad more complex than the Make Array node: FCarouselDisplayItem | Unreal Engine Documentation, you may start to appreciate what they are.

In an ideal world, an API would come with examples, right? Especially for something as visual as blueprints. As in:

Wouldn’t that be sweet… :wink:

Sadly, you cannot expect the examples to cover every possible angle. It’s just not feasible. So you get plain syntax instead - in case of blueprints, it’s just that one node. Your job is now to read up on arrays and find examples. Hit the forums and hope for the best but prepare for the worst. :expressionless:

Well, it’s useless as a learning resource, anyway. I’m sure some of them are useful as a reference, but I’ve yet to encounter a useful page in the docs. I don’t even bother with docs anymore. I skip them when they show up in the search engine results.

So far, the best learning resource I’ve found is these forums. Yes, people ask specific questions: how do a do X, but learning how to do X opens the door for Y and Z.

Like this thread. I asked a specific question. How do I plug this into that? Someone said use the variable mapping thing, which I didn’t even know existed before hand. I have now applied that knowledge, not only to the specific example I used when asking the question, but to multiple other things as well. It’s quite useful.

I just think that those who get irritated by people asking questions while trying to learn probably shouldn’t spend their time on a forum designed to help people learn … and so this whole mess got out of hand.

Even so, peace.

The sweet thing I linked is no good? Tough crowd.

There’s no point.
He’s obviously not interested in actually learning, as its been noticed by his constant behavior / posting and demeanor.

Good luck to him finding help in the future…

I said that I’ve yet to encounter a useful page in the docs. I didn’t say that no one has ever encounter a useful page in the docs. I’m sure the thing you linked is all kinds of useful, but I’ve no clue what it is or what it does so it isn’t useful to me (yet). The description of what is does “The Carousel display widget that gets animated by the carousel widget” is meaningless to me because I don’t have a clue what a carousel widget is. Maybe I get around to that mess at some point and my opinion of the docs might change, but for the moment they’re not really helpful to me.

Every conversation I’ve had on these forums has been pleasant and helpful … except for this one with you. But I’ve seen multiple comments about your attitude, on this forum, on the answer hub, and in other places as well. That amazes me that you’ve managed to aggravate so many people that your name gets around the community. You’re arrogant, rude, and obnoxious and I don’t want your help … or to ever hear from you again. Go change your diaper or whatever it is that you have to do, just do it somewhere else. How many times do I have to say “Go away”?

Ok, before this gets ugly, I am locking this thread.