Update Android Play Billing 5.0

Seems Im getting the same issues as everyone else.

I don’t even have in-app purchases. In fact, my game is totally offline. I just can’t seem to get rid of this darn error no matter what I adjust.

2 Likes

I’ve been dealing with this for 24hrs right now, the Learn More link in your screenshot brings to this page, I tried to put the Billing permission in the Extra Permissions as indicated here and followed everything line by line…
…and I was finally able to publish it without that error!

I really don’t know why did it take so much for me to find this docs link! :sweat_smile:
Hope that it helps you too!

3 Likes

I had the same error in Play Console, try this solution. it worked for me.

2 Likes

What exactly is the value we should put in additional permissions?

In extra permissions I have added android.vending.BILLING, but I think that modifying the Build.cs file and creating the AndroidEngine.ini file is equally important (if not more)

hopefully you guys have older google console accounts cus the new methods requires your app to be tested with 20pll for 14 days. :smiley: which is almost impossible. I am streamer i had my 25 ppl and on top of that i bought a service from fiver so my mail list were like 50ish people yet google rejected the publish due o low activity on closed test. (the app needs to be open and played for 15 mins everyday, even the AAA games doesn test their games like that) :smiley:

Its so absurd.

If you have old account google doesnt ask for it for now… but this will be required for everybody at the end of this year… fyi

What the hell man… My app is not even supposed to be public… It’s an app to check if the cloud saving and achievements work (spoiler: they don’t :rofl:)

They threatened to close my account if I have no public app (because they wanted only active account), I had to publish it despite I wanted to keep it for “internal use only”.

Now I see this even if my app uses the latest billing library:

I had to pay to open this s****y account just to test stuff, and now they want to close it?
As a developer I feel really disrespected, I guess it’s time to start some class action.

why does unreal neglect this area i dont get it, is it too much to put people to focus on android, ios, etc.

edit: found this awesome plugin that helps to android v7 free https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/tdsheros?sessionInvalidated=true

3 Likes

Omg, what a find. Great plugin, It fixed mine, I just have to learn how to use it. Thank you for the link.

1 Like

you might also be interested in Unreal Engine 5 com.google.android.play:core:1.10.0 - Edvog if you building for 34+ and have more then 200mb app size, using googlepad, it automatically puts your obb inside install time module, rather then base, so you can upload big files. this simply allows you to get Google pad working on engine your using.

1 Like

I wanted to try your plugin, I have not touched UE5.2 or Android studio in months, and when I try to build, I have this error coming back from nowhere:

X:\app\src\main\java\com\epicgames\ue4\GooglePlayStoreHelper.java:27: error: cannot find symbol

Everything was fine 2 months ago, Unreal magic I guess :>

I still can build on UE5.4, do you know if the plugin can make the IAP work on this version?

Thanks!

yeah past few month iv dealt with these kind of issues, id say, this could be due to numberous reasons. im not sure why unreal 5.2 would give this error as in what you did, once you install the plugin, you should activate it in unreal and restart, if your build gives this error, it could be due to you having maybe android billing enabled, disable it and use the plugin above which uses billing 7.0, on top of that, it should work, just make sure you didnt edit the engine files, so maybe verify your engine version, comment out the receiver_exported area in game activity, start public for api 34+, then once you made sure android billing is turned off and the new plugin is used it should work.

Does this make it so i don"t have to update to UE 5.4.4?

5.4.4 is an all around nightmare. nothing builds, nothing cooks, nothing validates, my entire project breaks when i try to migrate. would this plugin help me get around that mess?

Hi, don’t migrate, it’s completly broken for Android projects.

Just create a blank project and copy past your Content folder inside (but not the other folders like Config and Binaries or it will break the project too).

Also, make sure to use Java 11.

I also found that 2 files were broken, you can download those and replace them in the engine folder:

AndroidAdvertising_APL.xml (13.8 KB)
GooglePAD_APL.xml (10.1 KB)

great reply! thank you for including links to the files. googling such things is a nightmare. To make my .aab get accepted to android dev console, i had to install java to the android studio directory to make use of keytool for the keystore file. Is that still the case? do you have experience with this where you can tell me if i should just install java 11 as i would normally, and then change system variables i.e. java_home?

(post deleted by author)

Never mind that last thing. you did it! it still took some work with fixing references but I finally have a build after fighting with this forever! thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

well, like i said. you can use the tds hero plugin, with android billing turned off, you can use the tds hero plugin in its place for iap stuff and building with billing 7.0.

and another thing is, you can use the googlepad update method to simply update your googlepad so you can publish larger then 200mb apps to google.

thats it, also fix the reciever exported, which is just // commenting out the initial start:

thats it.

5.4.4. Its a disaster. I hate it with all of the hate i can possibly muster. After losing most of my hair i decided to go back to 5.2.1 and use your plugin. It seems to be working in play console. Epic says very sternly that we must use 5.4.4 for android development. But is your plugin going to keep working and allow me to use 5.2.1? If so i owe you eternal gratitude.

Also what do you mean i can use your plugin with android billing turned off? Does that mean your plugin handles android billing? Do you mean i need to turn off android billing in my project and let your plugin take over? How is that achieved?