Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

Wow. Was not expecting . $19 a month wasn’t bad at all, but free is even better.

EPIC announcement =)

Hello Mark McCartney,

You should be receiving an email if you have not already. In email you will see something alone the lines of the following.

“If you have paid for a subscription on or after January 30th, you will receive a pro-rated refund for your latest month’s payment after March 12th. You’ll continue to receive all future updates for free.”

Make it a great day

news!!

://togif/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/kane-clap.gif

OH MY GOD! Thank you so much and the whole team! is one of the most exiting news ever!

You guys are just…wow…I honestly thought $19 per month was an absolute bargain. You guys are incredible…Epic, some would say :wink:

Man, is nice… And I always thought that the monthly $19 was already a more-than-great deal, now you make it even better! :wink:

Thank you , & All Epic Staff for 30€ & Unreal Engine Free

Interesting and a generous move ladies & gents. Thank you.

Honestly is too much! $20 was a steal for the best engine. Your work is extremely appreciated and I hope moves like these pay back hugely in the future! is much more than “doing the right thing” by any stretch!

Thanks!

So, it was no royalties and a subscription fee. And now it is royalties and no subscription fee. Did I get that right?. I think the former deal was better
for the developers.

One thing that has me very excited about is the modding community. Previously, if I released a UE4-based game, how would mods work? Would modders have to pay $19/mo/user in order to mod my game? Would I have to create my own editor tools and release those so modders could create mods without paying anything? It was murky.

But now, that’s all gone! There’s no subscription fee barrier for people to create mods to my game. That’s pretty .

Great move. and things can only get better.

Mind blowing…I can’t say thanks enough. I hope I can give back somehow…I’ll have to figure it out :smiley:

[=;233583]
So, it was no royalties and a subscription fee. And now it is royalties and no subscription fee. Did I get that right?. I think the former deal was better
for the developers.

No the royalties remain the same as they were before, just the subscription fee has been dropped. :slight_smile:

OMG no words can describe how EPIC is

Thank you !

Hello ,

The 5% royalty was always there, we are removing the initial subscription fee. Also it may be worth noting that only takes effect after the first $3,000 a quarter past the initial $3,000.

Make it a great day

48bcc1fd1a108f94c708ca17c921d425110c1994.jpeg

Not only that, but is a time-traveller… now we know his secret :wink:

blew my mind. I was one of the lucky few who was given a free license until next year after the beta program, and I’d happily have paid triple the cost of the engine a month regardless. You guys <3

Amazing

Wow i cant believe epic is doing …

I want to cry of happines… :slight_smile:

I believe 19 month was fair enough, and im just a hobbist…

Thank you, thank you very much epic…

You guys are …