Unreal Engine 5.1 Preview

never mind man. I’ll just wait until whenever they do the official release of 5.1. I’m hoping very soon somewhere later this month, or next month on November 1st

When UE 5.1 release Come?

When can we expect collision support for Virtual Heightfield Mesh? This is really needed from my point of view, we could do so much more at the landscape level with this.

Which shadows?

Could you share a glb sample model in private message that I do some tests?

We are going to phase out datasmith gltf import. Did you try an “Import into level” instead? With new interchange framework you should be in a good place to import gltf using the “standard” UE import.
But I would still like to test as we did not touch DS gltf import so no reason it was working in 5.0 and no more in 5.1

did they added locking actors in the outliner?
or we still have to wait for this basic feature

I will upload the file tomorrow. There are few issues actually.

Data Smith doesn’t import multiple instances no matter what. Tried few copies of default blender monkeys (through collection instance in blender) - this works flawlessly in 5.0 versions as datasmith imports in 5.1 only 1 instance is imported and then bunch of empty actors in place of other instances.

Another issue that I noticed even in 5.0 is on a file I got from MEP engineer a converted cad file from Revit he gave me I imported to rhino(as I don’t have Revit) and then imported to blender to clean up etc and then exported to .glb :grin: I noticed that some objects are very slightly shifted - only in unreal(tried octane render and everything is in place) Like pipes don’t line up with fittings and coupling etc… Strange small position error I attribute to scale difference(maybe, although the more I think about it it doesn’t make sense why a pipe would move like 2cm)

Because I couldn’t download UE 5.1 Preview because i can’t resume the download

And the chaos bugs are still not fixed :frowning:

No

1 Like

Very happy that Nanite world position offset is now a thing. One thing I noticed though is that Custom per instance data is currently only evaluated during the pixel shader portion of the material and is ignored during the vertex shader. For non Nanite meshes it works correctly. Does anyone know if this is something that will be addressed for the release of 5.1. Is this a know issue or should I report a bug. I’d image the devs know that custom data is not evaluated in the vertex shader right now.

When I try to render single frame using pathtracer in 5.1 I get black image, I need at least 2 frames one of which(last one) will be black. Is there something that I can about this? This also only happens on higher resolutions, something like fullhd will render single frame correctly. Very strange behavior of the pathtracer.

Path Tracing doesn’t appear in UE5.1. Why that? rtx 3090. In previous build - works. I switched diffirent drivers. Who solved it? Also there is no level sequence anymore…

ME too
not working for me in 5.1

OK thank you !

Check your 3ds max ribbon in the UI - it’s moved there

Hi everybody. I’ve only been using UE5 for half a day, and I have a problem that I hope someone can help me solve.
When I create a Blueprint class with Actor as the parent class and then I create a Static Mesh in the Component panel but that Static Mesh doesn’t have a detail panel, i dont know how to do it.
Do I need to uninstall UE5 and download it again?
Thank you.

I’m Having trouble enabling the path tracer for fog , could you please elaborate on how you managed to getting it working?

@hthgHT1823 you should be able to click Window and make sure Details is checked.

I followed your instructions and selected Static Mesh but still no details panel, and I also uninstalled UE5 and reloaded but the result is still the same. I don’t know what’s going on anymore