Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Wow! Just Wow. Feel like I’ve been tazed. Little tingly all over.

Does interstitial ads work now with admob?

Can we now retrieve an in-app purchase that has already be purchased ?

A lot of great stuffs … BUT … “Improved Temporal AA quality using bicubic filtering” … well … no :frowning:

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview/b14f77d1-799d-41b4-9681-cae1c1359d23.jpg

How about 4.9 VR Preview in Windows 10 and Oculus 0.7?

Hell yeah! Cannot wait to see all new and improved features.

[]
Infiltrator Demo - Various maps have been cleaned up to remove NULL referenced scene assets.

[/]

Infiltrator demo inbound ? :smiley:

[=;368395]
I can’t find infiltrator demo in launcher. It was released? I don’t think so :slight_smile:
[/]

Infiltrator has not been released, no. Sorry for confusion! mention was made in error, so we’ve edited post accordingly :cool: No news to report at this time.

Another great update! thanks!

**Question: ** If I have to “remove any previous TADP installation before running new AndroidWorks installer”, I can’t continue working with 4.8.3 mobile project that I guess is using TADP for packaging?

All stuff in Learn tab hasn’t been updated for 4.9, is that intentional? Everything still tells me that 4.8 is latest version in there.

[]
**Question: ** If I have to “remove any previous TADP installation before running new AndroidWorks installer”, I can’t continue working with 4.8.3 mobile project that I guess is using TADP for packaging?
[/]

You can use AndroidWorks with 4.8. I’ve had to do it myself since TADP is a buggy mess.

[= Wolf;368392]
Should I keep with UE 4.8 and wait for bug-hot fixes or I will upgrade can someone give me a recommendation?
[/]

If you choose to start development on 4.9, always use a COPY of your project when you convert to 4.9. This way you can still use your 4.8 version in case you experience any challenges getting 4.9 copy updated.

[= ellis;368419]
if you choose to start development on 4.9, always use a copy of your project when you convert to 4.9. This way you can still use your 4.8 version in case you experience any challenges getting 4.9 copy updated.
[/]

Source control people!

So does 4.9 official not have new spline editing tools, blueprint node alignment tools, pivot offset tools, etc.?

Honestly those were features I was most looking forward to!

Thanks @,
I will assume I don’t need to do anything manually to make AndroidWorks work with 4.8, just remove old, install new and 4.8 and 4.9 will work with AndroidWorks…
Going to try that.

Awesome work Epic! I can’t wait to sink my teeth into new goodies!

Snow and multiple BP function returns are my favorites.

Thanks a lot EPIC and contributors!

Wow! You amaze me each time we do an update Epic. Great Job!

Update…overload! So many distractions to get stuck into. :slight_smile:

Almost looks like you have extra Grain and Grain jitter on in 4.9 image. Check your post process and make sure it’s off. That would cause straight lines to be rough like that. Maybe got changes with blendables changes?

Thank you Epic <3

Amazing as always!