Unreal Engine 4.4 Released!

[=;119695]
Can I ask what the GameMenuBuilder module is and how to see/use it?
[/]

[=Kenomica;119709]
I’m also curious about this
[/]

From another thread: https://docs.unrealengine/latest/INT/Gameplay/UMG/index.html

What is and where can I find the ‘AI Quick Start’ learning resource?

Our project using 4.4 now, yaaay! Thanks Epic :slight_smile:

[= Vanderbeck;119254]
Any news on when we might expect a hotfix for the Oculus Rift DK2 SDK 0.4.x?
[/]

Hi ,

We weren’t comfortable with rushing the Oculus fix in the 4.4 release, but we are planning it for the next Hotfix (4.4.1). A Preview of this Hotfix should be coming online sometime later this week. We certainly encourage you to test out the Preview when it’s available, and let us know if the issues are resolved for you.

Cheers!

[=;120552]
What is and where can I find the ‘AI Quick Start’ learning resource?
[/]

Hi ,

I believe what you are referring to is the Behavior Tree Quick Start Guide.

Cheers!

Thanks .

Really looking forward to that “Light Propagation Volumes improvements via iteration with artists” which is on the UE4 roadmap. That’s gonna be great for sure :slight_smile:

Regarding 4.4 –> really big additions and improvements! Amazing!

This is a great release. The Mac platform improvements are noticeable and very nice. Thanks so much, and please keep them coming!

[= ;120636]
Hi ,

We weren’t comfortable with rushing the Oculus fix in the 4.4 release, but we are planning it for the next Hotfix (4.4.1). A Preview of this Hotfix should be coming online sometime later this week. We certainly encourage you to test out the Preview when it’s available, and let us know if the issues are resolved for you.

Cheers!
[/]

Excellent news thanks! Will keep a hawkeye out for it.

Awesome! Going to tear into that mountain later today!

Would it be possible to get some slightly expanded explanation of this particular patch note, I’m having trouble figuring out how to implement it:

“InstancedStaticMeshComponents now set the FHitResult.Item property with the index an instance hit by a collision event. This can be used with the above functions to remove a specific instance and replace it with a real StaticMeshComponent to provide interactivity with Foliage or other behavior.”

When I use this, all instances seem to return “0” so I’m not sure how to use it to get a particular instance of that mesh.

Nice update. I can package the game with 4.4, but the packaged executable is now crashing on start for both Win32 and Win64 packages; anybody else??

Edit: Nvm: https://answers.unrealengine/questions/89499/440-packaging-fails.html

[=;124225]
Would it be possible to get some slightly expanded explanation of this particular patch note, I’m having trouble figuring out how to implement it:

“InstancedStaticMeshComponents now set the FHitResult.Item property with the index an instance hit by a collision event. This can be used with the above functions to remove a specific instance and replace it with a real StaticMeshComponent to provide interactivity with Foliage or other behavior.”

When I use this, all instances seem to return “0” so I’m not sure how to use it to get a particular instance of that mesh.
[/]

I’m not exactly sure what you’re doing, but below is the EventGraph from a modified version of the BP_Random_Foliage blueprint from the BlueprintOffice sample. The only other change I made to the blueprint was to SetCollisionEnabled on the new InstancedStaticMeshComponent after the call to SetMesh, and also to add some cube collision primitives to each of the sample flower meshes.

Are you sure you’re adding multiple instances to a single InstancedStaticMeshComponent rather than making multiple components?

Really excited what’s to come in 4.5, heheh :slight_smile:

[=;135006]
Really excited what’s to come in 4.5, heheh :slight_smile:
[/]

Same here :smiley: any news on when we can expect a preview more or less?

[=Talanar;137671]
any news on when we can expect a preview more or less?
[/]

We don’t have a definite date to provide. 4.5 is going to be a very large release, so it will be our longest development period between releases yet.

Upgrade not showing for 4.4 Grrr

://i.imgur/1NzlCJd.png

Monthly subscriber I update with each new patch, the past few DONT show in my browser.

Additional Note:

All 4.4 projects seem to open in the browser but still reads 4.3

[=MatB;148512]
://i.imgur/1NzlCJd.png

Monthly subscriber I update with each new patch, the past few DONT show in my browser.

Additional Note:

All 4.4 projects seem to open in the browser but still reads 4.3
[/]

Your image is showing that you have version 4.4.3, which is the latest version. The end digit (the ‘3’) is the hot fix number. Since version 4.4 was released, there have been 3 hot fixes: 4.4.1, 4.4.2 and 4.4.3.

4.5 preview is up on github. I hope full release will be in few days. :smiley:

[=MattW;148965]
Your image is showing that you have version 4.4.3, which is the latest version. The end digit (the ‘3’) is the hot fix number. Since version 4.4 was released, there have been 3 hot fixes: 4.4.1, 4.4.2 and 4.4.3.
[/]

Okay thanks,

That would explain why it’s opening the files for 4.4. ’