Unreal Engine 4.3 Update Preview

Hi,

Being able to type in literal values on the SpawnActor node is coming soon (CL# 2117925 in main, it should be a part of 4.4). As a minor shortcut right now, you can use ‘Literal enum [NameOfYourEnum]’ as a node to wire into your SpawnActor node for something like Mode in your example above.

Cheers,
Noland

Congratulations for the great change, it is amazing the quality of the updates that Epic can deliver in a short time, the engine has evolved since its launch absurdly. Congratulations.

[]
[COLOR=#006699]New: Movable Skylight[/COLOR]

Skylights can now support the Movable mobility setting!– type of light supports dynamic scene changes.
– It gets shadowing from SSAO and a new called Distance Field AO.
[/]

indicates, that soon we might have something like the “Time of Day” (from the CryEngine) already native in UE4?

Downloading now, reroute node looks very cool.

Hi ,

Any hints about when the substance plugin will go native?

[= ;92632]
Unknown extension : :frowning:
[/]

You are going to need the new plugin made by allegorithmic installed (currently not yet available), it is just a plugin though, not like it was before, hopefully they release the 4.3 plugin shortly…

Playing around with DFAO, Setting skylight to moveable kills any reflection captures. happens whether DFAO is enabled or not, and I restarted the editor each time, rebuilt lighting just in case, but no luck.

So, I thought I’d give the improved Android compatibility a try, but whenever I try to package or launch for Android specifically, I get the error: LogPlayLevel: Display: UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\InputCore\Classes\InputCoreTypes.h(5,9) : fatal error: ‘InputCoreTypes.generated.h’ file not found

Is a problem with the preview build? Or did I make a mistake when converting my project?

[=;92631]
Does anyone else get the “Subscribe to download” when trying to download the 4.3 content from marketplace? Seems to be a reoccurring problem and reinstalling the launcher does no good.
[/]

Yes, is happening to me as well.

[]
Playing around with DFAO, Setting skylight to moveable kills any reflection captures. happens whether DFAO is enabled or not, and I restarted the editor each time, rebuilt lighting just in case, but no luck.
[/]

Hmm yes that is a problem with the current situation. It is not a limitation of the technique though. I’ll think about how to fix.

btw thread covering Distance Field AO here
https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?14838-Distance-Field-Ambient-Occlusion-(Movable-Skylight-shadowing)

so with

New: World Composition (Huge Levels!)
replaces the experimental World Browser in earlier builds.

does that mean my levels created with the World Browser won’t be working anymore?

they are just saved as umaps so I guess I can re-import them if necessary ?

Something corrupts my blueprints. I suspect it’s the Split Struct Pins function. I sent a crash report.

[=;92598]
Can I work safely on 4.3 Preview? I don’t want situation like crash my project in the future.

[/]

I would like to know also! My team already has a project well underway, but these 4.3 fixes/features would help us greatly right now!

Hello,

Do we have the De-projection nodes (screen-space to woorld-space) exposed to Blueprints yet? It was suppsoed to be in v4.3

Excited about the additons in Behaviour Tree editor and Spline Component.

Thank you Epic!!

Please add a way to change fonts for the Dialog system.

[=;92598]
I have a few questions:

1. Can I work safely on 4.3 Preview? I don’t want situation like crash my project in the future.
  2. I look at Roadmap and see for June: Integration of DetourCrowds. It will be available in 4.3?
    [/]

The roadmap unfortunately doesn’t indicate when something will be released, but when something will be researched within Epic.

Hi! Very exciting changes and improvements, especially level streaming and BTs. Quick question: will my 4.1.1 behavior trees & blackboards work correctly while I upgrade to 4.3?

o_o Am I going crazy or you improved performance greeeatly?
My heaviest scene have 120 fps in editor and in full screen fps exceeds 60(around 80-90) , but in 4.2.1 it was around 50 with drops to 30

Why are there no Paper 2D in the notes. Wasn’t it supposed to get some updates?

[=HavocX;92978]
Why are there no Paper 2D in the notes. Wasn’t it supposed to get some updates?
[/]

https://trello/b/Kl9Pjqfn/paper2d-tasks
I think they are planned for 4.4

Thank you epic.

Not sure if it was the android 4.4 kitkat upgrade i did last night or UE4.3 (guessing UE 4.3), but there appears to have been a performance boost on my galaxy note 3. Not only that, I can now have mobile HDR enabled and it displays perfectly (no more gray screen). YAY!!!