Unreal Engine 4.3 Released!

Aghhhhhhh, The epic boys and girls have done it again. I was trying to save a few quid not renewing my subscription month, Now i can’t say no!. For the love of Jebus please get the asset market place going so i can start paying down bills rather than adding to them. It’s all in for me at point, Make me proud Epic :slight_smile:

Good work guys.

There are comments about changes to the live editor in there, but that plugin crashes my machine if I enable it, and has done since 4.1. I know it’s not really being developed at the moment, but is there a way to make it work somehow? It would be pretty handy to use OSC commands (for me).

Dan.

Thanks! The epic update! :slight_smile:

might be a stupid question, but does GI need to be enabled to take advantage of the new Skylight secondary bounce?

Thanks for massive update :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Havoc;97931]
might be a stupid question, but does GI need to be enabled to take advantage of the new Skylight secondary bounce?

Yeah, it is a static lighting .

Does the Distance Field AO turn on automatically when you bring a skylight into the scene or is there something else that needs to be done as well? I remember in the live-stream they were switching it on and off while in the editor, and in 4.3 preview we had to enable it…

Anyone know if we still need to enable it first? Thanks.

[QUOTE=;97940]
Does the Distance Field AO turn on automatically when you bring a skylight into the scene or is there something else that needs to be done as well? I remember in the live-stream they were switching it on and off while in the editor, and in 4.3 preview we had to enable it…

Anyone know if we still need to enable it first? Thanks.

Yes, you need to enable it in Project Settings > Rendering, then restart the editor.

[QUOTE]

• AllowMeshDistanceFieldRepresentations must be enabled for the project (under Project Settings -> Rendering) for to work. The editor has to be restarted after changing value, and it will take some time to load on the next run.

[QUOTE=;97941]
Yes, you need to enable it in Project Settings > Rendering, then restart the editor.

Ah ok that’s why, thank you for the rapid response ! :slight_smile:

for substances go here, plugin is now simply a drag into main directory and unzip, already tested works awesome, game changer

Wow, my eyes dried up towards the end of that list… Well done Epic, looking forward to having another go with Unreal.

Congratulations to all Epic, for massive update.
Great job you have done.
Provide a tool of size, and large and frequent update is not human thing, you are superhuman.
I hope that the focus on UX and optimization continue in the next versions (it’s good to see that the UE is getting lighter and adapting to very modest hardware).

Awesome thx

Fantastic, that is a ton of stuff. I’m very eager to get into the new features.

I noticed a few issues today, I’ve posted them on the answer hub as well but perhaps they’re worth addressing here or in the documentation (assuming I’m not the only one).

1. I can no longer launch to device or create distributable iOS ipa files for upgraded projects (4.2 -> 4.3). The .mobileprovision file appears to be missing from the ipa, although it is present in the directories mentioned in the documentation: (4.3) Launching to device launches older project and can't find mobileprovision - Mobile - Epic Developer Community Forums
  2. Dragging with the mouse in the graph editor occasionally results in rapid zooming in and out while panning, which is very disorienting. seems to occur after creating a new node and can only be reversed by alt/cmd tabbing between another application or another window within the editor: Dragging sometimes zooms blueprints (4.3) - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thanks again, is a really impressive release!

hmm I cant see 4.3 in the launcher dropdown, only 4.2

Is there something I have to do to get it or is it not available yet? And yes I’m still subscribed.

Are any of the examples in the marketplace updated for 4.3?
is tappy chicken updated (or will be updated) to use paper2D ?

neverending changelog…
thanks for great update!

Amazing! Lots of great stuff I never even knew were being planned or worked on.

Would be nice to know where the documentation could be found, the notes states that there should be some kind of documentation on Speedtree, which I can’t seem to find.
Also, the Proxy Mesh tool, is that the same thing as Mesh Proxies in UDK (that was made using Simplygon if I recall correctly)?

Does Time-warping need to be enabled specifically?

[QUOTE=ajvnd;98190]
What happened to UMG?

UMG is still on track but not quite ready for inclusion in the binary release. You can grab the latest from GitHub and see the current progress however.