Unreal Engine 4.23 Preview

Is anyone else experiencing flipped render targets when deploying to an Android device? Like the Y UV is flipped / inverted or something.

Same issue! Did you submit a bug report?

hi guys,did u find squencer Play rate issue? when play rate <1 ,and i render my animation , resule is normaly speed ? can u fix it?

In 4.22.3 There is a problem ! Level Streaming, where the child map after loading into the master map, moves all assets to zero coordinates . And I get a error " Failed to find streaming level object.

*******What is the probability that such an error will not be in 4.23?

Hi I have this issue as well on the Quest, it currently happens in version 4.22.3. my Render Target only works when Mobile HDR is ticked.

It seems that the Refraction in 4.23.8 is broken. Its way to strong and doesnt care about any refraction input in the Materials

Is this happening in raster or raytracing? Because in raytracing I see that in postprocess if refraction is enabled in the Raytracing Translucency section, the over-effect in the materials appear, if unselected it is dramatically reduced. Let us know which mode are you using!

When i use the raytraced translucency and activate Refraction its way too strong, if i deactivate the refraction in the PPVolume the refraction is on value 1 and has no effect

Is your material blend mode translucent or alpha-composite? Mine is Alpha-composite (and there are artifacts which should not appear in alpha-composite in my case and I am not feeding refraction at all).

i tried both Alpha Composite and Translucent. There are artifacts too

I found that for some reason specular values greater than 0 affect the refraction in 4.23 P8. Can you confirm this?

Where did the HDRI backdrop go in Unreal Engine 4.23 preview 8?

It got its own plugin that you need to enable now.

Importing UDIMs works well but I’m getting an instant crash when trying to reimport via the content browser.

Am I reading it right?

UE-76520 HTML5 needs to be marked as to be deprecated in 4.23

HTML5 is being deprecated? No more export to web?

it seems like they dont develop this feature further, but i guess we can still export for HTML5

It seems that the specular has no effect in my project

I just got this with preview 8:

Capture.PNG

This is from the 4.22 patch notes (and I managed a build in 4.23 preview 6):

Fixed! UE-71558 Failing to load Windows Mixed Reality Interop Library when enabling the WMR plugin while on valid Windows versions
Fixed! UE-71625 Failing to load Windows Mixed Reality Interop Library when launching onto or running a package on Windows

Did I just encounter a regression?

I also get about 0.1 FPS when I play VR preview, and only 3DOF tracking, and when I press stop to get back to the Unreal editor, the 0.1 FPS remains until I restart it.

How are you using Mobile HDR on Quest?!

I’m guessing he’s not really, just testing it. Does anyone have an issues link to upvote this? Would also like to use render targets on a future quest project