Unreal Engine 4.13 Preview

It looks like 4.13 will be the best release for mobile :o

[=HEGI;582363]
Shader complexity for lit masked materials seems to be significantly higher in 4.13. Never noticed something like that in previous preview releases, so i thought this is worth a mention.

4.13 Preview 2

[/]

Thanks for the report! I’ve submitted a ticket for this to be investigated. You can track it here on our public issues page if you’d like: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-34873)

[=;582202]
Yupissues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-29885
[/]

SOOOOO pleased to see this checkin today, can’t wait for preview 3 - hoping its in there, if it is I might just throw caution to the wind and move my project to 4.13 now. :slight_smile: (after a backup of course) :wink:

[=;582954]
SOOOOO pleased to see this checkin today, can’t wait for preview 3 - hoping its in there, if it is I might just throw caution to the wind and move my project to 4.13 now. :slight_smile: (after a backup of course) :wink:
[/]

The Cursor issue is already fixed in preview 2! I just verified it myself! It is GLORIOUS!!!

Don’t use previews for production projects, though, seriously. I have been bitten hard by updating projects too soon. I always wait for at least 4.x.2 before attempting an upgrade for production projects. Saves a lot of pain and anguish.

[= Hobson;582938]
Thanks for the report! I’ve submitted a ticket for this to be investigated. You can track it here on our public issues page if you’d like: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-34873)
[/]

Thanks, that is great to hear. :slight_smile:

Is Ambient Occlusion on Ladscapes is available on this release?

[=DanteStormdark;583066]
Is Ambient Occlusion on Ladscapes is available on this release?
[/]

We currently have Screen Space AO (Post Process Volume), Distance Field AO, and baked lighting where you can enable AO for lightmass baking in world settings.

I’m not aware of any others that I’ve heard features about with the upcoming release. Would you be able to elaborate more or point to where you had heard about something? I can possibly clear up any confusion or information from there.

Ok, so AO in Post Process Volume on ladnscapes, terrain etc. So I dont need create any AO textures in my Landscape Material with dynamic lights only? I just curious, because i really looking some technic like this beautiful example:

http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC2/Height+Map+Based+Ambient+Occlusion

https://www…com/watch?v=Xvaq2afKCA4

[=HEGI;583063]
Thanks, that is great to hear. :slight_smile:
[/]

The ticket has been closed out now for this one: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-34873)

This actually was fixed in 4.13 and shows a more accurate debug view for shader complexity. Additional details and notes included in the ticket above.

Wanted to test videos on Android - they work in the editor - but they dont seem to display, only the audio is being played - i use mp4, they work in 4.12.
Anyone got them working?

Correction!

I have made an update to the notes for the Preview 2 to correct an error with it.

The Bad:
The filter we were using to list all the fixes was incorrect. :frowning:

The Good
We actually fixed about DOUBLE the original list for Preview 2! :smiley:
You can see the corrected list by following the link above. (the much desired UE-14253 is listed among them now)

Cheers!

[= Hobson;583108]
The ticket has been closed out now for this one: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-34873)

This actually was fixed in 4.13 and shows a more accurate debug view for shader complexity. Additional details and notes included in the ticket above.
[/]

Ah, now it makes sense. :slight_smile:

[= Ellis;583139]
Correction!

I have made an update to the notes for the Preview 2 to correct an error with it.

The Bad:
The filter we were using to list all the fixes was incorrect. :frowning:

The Good
We actually fixed about DOUBLE the original list for Preview 2! :smiley:
You can see the corrected list by following the link above. (the much desired UE-14253 is listed among them now)

Cheers!
[/]

OMG! What a huge list! I think it’s the biggest bugixes list for UE4 Preview ever. Thank you! :smiley:

Is there any more info on UE-34762, maybe an ETA? This issue is unfortunately a complete showstopper to releasing and builds for us, a real pity since UE 4.13 is great otherwise but there is just no way we could ship with that rendering issue.

Gentlemen, could we kindly get some clarifications about UE-14253 ? It is marked as FIXED, and is present on updated list for preview 2, but it seems that it has no effect on the issue, that was originally reported.

[=Deathrey;583517]
Gentlemen, could we kindly get some clarifications about UE-14253 ? It is marked as FIXED, and is present on updated list for preview 2, but it seems that it has no effect on the issue, that was originally reported.
[/]

Looking at the commit’s comments, the fix here was to tessellate the landscape only for the highest landscape LOD and to fix the incorrect UV coordinates when tessellation is enabled.

I’ve not tested this myself since the fix has gone in, but it seems a little bit more clear what the fix was than the notes in the ticket you linked above.

[=DanteStormdark;583092]
Ok, so AO in Post Process Volume on ladnscapes, terrain etc. So I dont need create any AO textures in my Landscape Material with dynamic lights only? I just curious, because i really looking some technic like this beautiful example:

http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC2/Height+Map+Based+Ambient+Occlusion

https://.com/watch?v=Xvaq2afKCA4[/]

isn’t that equivalent to distance field ambient occlusion…

[=Bladerskb;583580]
isn’t that equivalent to distance field ambient occlusion…
[/]

Combination with Screen Space Directional Occlusion (SSDO) and Height Map Ambient Occlusion (Height Map AO) is not equal to distance field ambient occlusion. Just look yourself for examples.

[=DanteStormdark;583589]
Combination with Screen Space Directional Occlusion (SSDO) and Height Map Ambient Occlusion (Height Map AO) is not equal to distance field ambient occlusion. Just look yourself for examples.
[/]

Based on your example i don’t see the difference.
Its like people saying Epic should implement VXAO when DFAO is exactly the same thing.

https://www…com/watch?v=FmbrnbpHT9E

[= Hobson;583566]
Looking at the commit’s comments, the fix here was to tessellate the landscape only for the highest landscape LOD and to fix the incorrect UV coordinates when tessellation is enabled.

I’ve not tested this myself since the fix has gone in, but it seems a little bit more clear what the fix was than the notes in the ticket you linked above.
[/]

Thanks for your response, . Could you potentially allocate someone to take an in-depth look at this, because not only the fix does not address the issue, linked to the corresponding tracking number, its “tessellate the landscape only for the highest landscape LOD” part could potentially be usability regression. All relevant links are present in Community References sections on the issue tracker page, including forum thread where it is discussed. Thanks in advance.