Unreal Engine 4.1 Update Preview

!nice job. :smiley:

Didn’t you subscribe yet?? :smiley:

Joking, this is looking . Nice work.

Publishing to SteamOS/Linux is ! Is development under Linux supported as well?

Absolutely amazing!
I though the ability to build for Linux would take months to go live, this is why I paid for Unity 5.
But now I am seriously considering to port my Greenlight game (on top 100) to UE4 instead of going with Unity because of Linux build. And the translation system built-in, omg! I was about to pay quite some money for it on Unity. You guys are the best! :smiley:

At this point, to truly consider Unreal as the go for my Steam game I need only to learn how to slice objects in game mode.
I know how to do it in Unity, but have no idea how to slice (not shatter) a mesh in two and make it still act like a physical object with mass, be affected by gravity and so on. Could anyone provide a note of where should I begin to make it happen??

Great engine update!

Sounds like an amazing update, can’t wait for this. =)

If it will be launched this month probably i will get Unreal 4.1 before my subscription expires but does not matter, i will not cancel the subscription for now.
What you guys are doing is something remarkable to the game industry, i just want to be part of this so i will keeping subscription not for the updates only, but for the innovation and respectful spirit that you have been showing for us as developers and community. That’s my little contribution to you guys keep on it =)

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Thank YOU (well, thanks to all of you developers using UE4) for your support and being part of the community. Our goal is to keep you happy and productive for years to come!

Quick question, will we need 4.0.2 installed for this update to work?

Nope, you can keep your 4.0.2 version installed alongside the new 4.1.0 release when it’s available.

Actually, what I meant was, can we go directly from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0? In other words, can we skip 4.0.2? :slight_smile:

I don’t! I love to ease of Unity but the price is way to high. And UE4 is easy to once you get the hang of it. Whenever I have a issue with UE4 it is answered quick. I’m loving UE4!!!

I can’t find 4.1. Is it released yet?

I can’t find 4.1. Is it released yet?

, lot of bug fixes yeah! :rolleyes:

Wow, just wow, i didn’t expect this update in months… Unreal idd…

I would imagine that 4.1.0 will include the changes of 4.0.2.

Not officially released. If you want to look at the 4.1 preview, you will need to be subscribed and build from source. There’s a link to the build in the original post.

Tommy.

I expected with impatient linux support and SteamOS integration ! news indeed, thanks very much guys.

This sounds like a great update! You’re spoiling us Epic.

( please don’t forget to include the SVN binaries in this version :frowning: )

defo going to buy it now :smiley:

This is truly remarkable. UE4 is the best!

Question though, I have updated to 4.0.2, and one of Epic’s guys said that I can have 4.0.2 along side with 4.1, does that mean that I can’t have my current build of 4.0.2 upgraded to 4.1? Do I have to make a separate installation?

Thanks guys for the update!