Unlimited Detail

Perhaps in one future, any standard GPU will be abled to handle almost infinite polygonal count. In this era, maybe, polygons will be not longer needed for nothing. Maybe something like photonic waves acting over some kind of suspended crystalline field clustered like prismatic particles, interacting like voxels; And in large scale as Nurbs or Boolean Operations using geometrical primitives or any scanned real things, all basically composed by photonic waves and magnetized crystalline particles. Who can say?

I’m just being .:wink: OK.

You might want to check at least wikipedia article about them. Technology that they made, from the beginning, was already aligned with geo mapping business: Euclideon - Wikipedia
This specific approach has it pros and cons, there are other solutions on the market to visualize point cloud data, this is not the best or the only one. I don’t know if they marketed it for gamedev, simply to get a government grant (check the same article) or they were simply not aware about all the technical troubles that have to be solved to make viable technology. You can draw your own conclusion but simplest answer is quite obvious.

You might want to check at least wikipedia article about them. Technology that they made, from the beginning, was already aligned with geo mapping business: Euclideon - Wikipedia
This specific approach has it pros and cons, there are other solutions on the market to visualize point cloud data, this is not the best or the only one. I don’t know if they marketed it for gamedev, simply to get a government grant (check the same article) or they were simply not aware about all the technical troubles that have to be solved to make viable technology. You can draw your own conclusion but simplest answer is quite obvious.
[/QUOTE]

True, but they clearly said “we have made the animation engine, we aren’t showing it yet because we need to optimize it first” or something like that :stuck_out_tongue: that’s why I called it a scam!

This specific approach has it pros and cons, there are other solutions on the market to visualize point cloud data, this is not the best or the only one.
[/QUOTE]

“was already aligned width geo mapping”, what do you mean? The indexing idea behind this, is the whole reason for the performance gain …

Either way, their technology is beneficial. I don’t think that scammers make stuff that is of actual use. Also, one simple couldn’t ask for some government grant of a whooping 2 million like: Hey, geo mapping fast indexing here! Gaming rules now! Master race heil! Please, give us $2 million!

I don’t think it’s that simple.

I don’t know if they marketed it for gamedev, simply to get a government grant (check the same article) or they were simply not aware about all the technical troubles that have to be solved to make viable technology. You can draw your own conclusion but simplest answer is quite obvious.
[/QUOTE]

And that simple answer would be what? That they are just scammers, or that they underestimated the technical challenges? And even if they did underestimate the problems. Well, welcome to science. And in science you have to dig into every corner before you may find something useful, yet alone something world changing. Not all people are John Carmack grade genius, and can avoid problems before they even happened.

My own point of view is simple on this. It looks interesting what they do, and they make an ambitious impression. More importantly, they also already made something useful. So I just wait and see.

In the article that I read, the Dell thing dude, was quoted having said that the animation is done to 80%. However, 80% is a lot already. So I guess it won’t take long until we are actual going to see something demonstrated in 2016.

Everyone’s toolchain is built around poligonal assets, from the software to the engines, to the GPU’s. For something to supplant that it will have to provide a lot of clear benefits. It’s really interesting tech, but I don’t see it taking over.

Yes, you get performance gain in rendering point clouds. Point clouds is a new fascination in geo mapping.

It’s beneficial to rendering point clouds. This is existing domain in computer graphics for many years and government in AU spends plenty of money on pushing IT and game development.

That’s not a science but engineering, there are plenty of engineers in AU that they could have talked to, before making any of those claims.

Will see. Fast rendering of point clouds is not such a features that somehow revolutionizes computer graphics. They are around for last 20 years and used in some specific applications of CG. Mostly geometry reconstruction from laser scans.

I think I just found Euclideon’s secret weapon of Point Cloud War II.

They said that they need terabyte sized drives to store all the data. As a matter of fact, in this very recent the church alone requires 3.8GB. I don’t know how much instantiaten they use already, but the article says that it is already compressed. There might not be many hopes, that the size of a game would shrink down much from the terabyte range, to a gigabyte range. So obviously Euclideon would require some kid of streaming for their data over the internet.

Guess how already does have a game streaming service? Nvidia…

Just like oil industry does everything needed to stop threats to their business, GPU manufactures will make sure things like this never take over unless under their financial domains.

If this tech could be that important, NVidia would do anything to buy them out and then destroy the tech they have.
[/QUOTE]

I think that the Fuhrer already decided to keep this toys to mount it on his huge bomber. And this bomber may already be flying towards New York. :smiley:

Maybe we should already practice saying “PC Master Race Heil”. But, wait what? No. Nvidia Grid is cross platform. So it supports PC, Console, TV, and Smartphone. And there you’ve got our new world order of gaming either way.

Just like oil industry does everything needed to stop threats to their business, GPU manufactures will make sure things like this never take over unless under their financial domains.

And electric cars are still indirectly attached to the oil industry; Tesla Motors are trying to be the ‘Apple of Cars’, but their business aren’t running very healthy right now. Although I know nothing about cars, is easy to see why.
Also, the japanese guy inventor of water based car engine simply vanished, nobody have any idea of him anymore.
If this tech could be that important, NVidia would do anything to buy them out and then destroy the tech they have.

And yeah, I’d say that ‘depressing’ is a mark of reality. The world we live in…
[/QUOTE]

This thing looks like Atlas Shrugged dystopia, but in Atlas the wonderful thing was the unobtainium vs common and generic iron.