Understanding "Get play area transform"

For instance, this is the rectangle that my “Get play area transform” gives to me in my room, and I would like to spawn or position these cylinders always in these positions, no matter the size of the playable area (when the room is different), no matter the position of the player at Begin play.

Ok, I found Get play area transform mention in documentation, but can’t find it in the engine. Do you need a plugin for that?

And can you try get play area rect? See if its returns true

Looks like “Get play area transform” is Oculus Function Library, and looks like Oculus Functions deprecated.

Use OpenXR. “Get play area rect” is OpenXR, try using it instead.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried it but it didn’t help
I am trying now with
Visualizing Play Area Bounds in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
But really getting a bit desperate … this should be easier!

Nothing of this works!

Actually the “Get play area transform” is the only one giving me a rectangle inside my play area inside of the guardian.

I just don’t know how to use this to place my meshes or actors in a given place :confused:

Go to File and press zip project. Upload it to google drive and send it to me in private message.

Thanks for your response! I will do it. I am now travelling and not with my computer.
But this rectangle appears only inside the quest 2 packaged project, not in the UA project when tested in VR preview

Oh, I don’t have a quest, only wmr…
I think you need to go to quest support and ask them.

Thanks! Actually I wrote so many posts on Meta forums… but that place is like a desert. Nobody answers there

I got it!! It took me months… OMG

I simply used the Get play area transform and connect it to a blueprint Actor´s location. Inside this blueprint actor you can spawn other actors, and they will stay relative to the size and position that the Get play area transform sets for the first blueprint actor.
I guess there are other ways to use this feature, but it’s the only one I could figure out. Really bad that nobody outthere or no documentation could help to figure out easily

Now my level adapts relative to the size of the play area, and it stays always the same!

Anyway, thanks Shunitzo for all your replies!

Best