Unable to reach the Epic Servers at this time/ Connection to the server failed

Hi there,

Thanks for the effort, but as you can see I tried everything and still… “Ziel” means Target in german and even when you miss the space between, you’ll get a problem message.

I installed the new version of the launcher, put -http=wininet at the end and I still get the error message and an other error message when I try to log in. As you can see below.

So, whats next? :frowning:

Well, i’ve got the same problem.
The funny fact is: i can run the client with my old pc but not with the new one.

it’s great, isn’t it? And I got a friend with the same problem and I can’t find the reason… so frustrating…

Well, i installed it on my work pc and it work.

• both running OS 64-bit, win7 (work), win10(home),
  • 8GB ram(work), 16GB ram (home)
  • i5-3470 3.2GHz (work), i7-4790(home)
  • no graphic card(work), nvidia 970 GTX (home)
  • primary HD installation “C:”(work), non-primary HD installation “D:”(home)

At home i got an SSD as primary Hard Drive but the second one (where it is the installation) it’s a normal optical drive.

i don’t know if it is an HW problem, i put this specs just in case

I don’t think its a HW problem, more a launcher or network issue I guess. Well, we’ll see, if I can play UT before the final release or not :smiley: maybe special router models are blocking the connection between our pc’s and the epic servers.

I couldn’t find any evidence in my router settings till now… fortune fame, mirror vain, gone insane, but the theory remains… :smiley:

Hi Furor Divinus and everyone else with the issue,

Firstly I followed DWPPortal’s advice with the launcher options using the options “-OpenGL -http=wininet” without quotes!

Secondly I re-enabled IPV6, as soon as I did this I end tasked the Epic Launcher, restarted it (it took a little while… maybe two minutes) and then it all worked and I was connecting to the server just fine :slight_smile:

To make sure this was not a fluke I disabled IPV6 and removed the launcher options, then once again I was unable to connect to the server.

Hope this helps you all :slight_smile:

Apologies if I

Hi there,

wait a second. How did you re-enable IPV6? In Windows or in your router? I did in Win7 Network Settings and it’s still not working even with -OpenGL -http=wininet.

And I’m not exactly sure how to do it on my router.

Hi Furor, I did it in Windows.
Another thing to try: Launch internet explorer, Go to internet options, click advanced, click “Restore advanced settings” and “Reset…”
Reboot your machine and try again.

Hope this helps

formatted C., installed win 7 instead of win 10 and it works

Just to give you a path to what apmartin1991 is talking about:

For Internet Options:

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Select the Tools drop-down menu
  3. Select Internet Options

or if you don’t have IE installed

1. Click on the Start Menu
  2. Open the Control Panel
  3. Select View by: Category and Select Network and Internet
  4. Select Internet Options
  5. Select the Advanced tab

For the Internet Connection Properties:

1. Open the Control Panel
  2. Select Network and Internet
  3. Select Network and Sharing Center
  4. Select Change Adapter Settings from the sidebar
  5. Right-click on the network you are using
  6. Select Properties

We had a fix for the IPv6 issue go out a few releases back, but there it is if you want to try it.

Thanks very much for this! I did not have time to write it up, hopefully this solves most peoples problem.

Another idea would be to re-install… Either uninstall and then install or try a repair… If you do uninstall make sure to reboot and do a disk cleanup to remove all temp files…

Will try it tomorrow and give feedback. Hopefully this works! Anyway, thank you very much for the help, much appreciated after those hard weeks…

Well, what can I say… I wanna thank everyone for the friendly support!
I’ve tried it all and give up. You can close this thread and I’ll wait for the final release of UT. I’ve played thousands of hours and I love this game, but I’ll remain one of the few who can’t get access. Whatever… thanks again! You’ve given your best.

This worked for me “-http=wininet”

The hardest part was to realize that the server is not “offline”, officially:)

Suddenly today, it just stays at “Please Wait”, and still not working with default launcher, but was working last days with -http=wininet.

Suddenly today, it just stays at “Please Wait”, and still not working with default launcher, but was working last days with -http=wininet.

nvm. it just connected … duh :slight_smile:

Have any of you checked the network stacks?

I find that sometimes the order of network adapters and protocols can be a problem. I have just had this problem and by trying stuff you guys were looking at I realized that I had made some changes to my computer when I installed Microsofts’ HyperV manager. The HyperV installed virtual network adapters and stuff and my network settings became a mess.

First try this:

Go to the network and sharing center, click change adapter settings and then you will get the above window. Click on the advanced menu and choose advanced settings.

You will get this:

67335-stack1.jpg

Notice that my local area connection is near the bottom and the file and printer sharings’ IPv6 is above the IPv4. To rearrange these click the items and use the green arrows next to the lists. So I clicked on local area connection and bumped it up to the top and then IPv6 in the second window and I bumped it down.

That looked like this:

67336-stack2.jpg

Next I went to the provider order and checked it out:

67337-stack3.jpg

Sure enough the Microsoft Windows Network was in second place. I clicked on it and used the arrows to move it to the top. Now I also had to change the HyperV settings for the virtual network it creates, most of you won’t have this, but if you do be aware that the network setup for HyperV will get in your way.

Here is what I had to set for the HyperV network settings:

Once you rearrange your stack and if you have HyperV installed and you correct the network settings you should be able to connect.

This seems to be fixed now either by Epic or Microsoft as the latest Hyper-V manager isn’t getting in the way of the Epic launcher.

Have you checked the thread lately? is there any software on your computer that affects network traffic like the Hyper-V did with my setup?