[UMG Tutorial] How to create Dragable Windows

Thanks for this, - it’s been a great help in trying some things out and beggining to ‘grok’ BP and UMG from a UI building perspective.

Quick super noob question - I’m trying to spawn different “types” of windows - my initial (naive) attempt was to make a copy of DragableWindowWidget and then switch out the widget class in the ‘Create New Window’ function based on a var / funct input parm. However, I always run into the trouble of the new Widget BP isn’t inheriting the base functions from UserInterfaceWidget - and even when I explicitly make it the parent, I get lots of compile errors (for obvious reasons, I’m sure). I clearly am not understanding the model of what is happening … ; )

Any advice on how you’d go about this?

Well store a ref inside the window to the Initial User Interface Widget. If you put this var as exposed on spawn you can supply this var when spawning the widget

Time to revive a old thread…

I am trying to create movable windows and followed the blueprints available in this project. Since this project was made in an older version of the engine, some of the blueprint objects have changed or done exist anymore.

I have been searching for quite some time and cant seem to figure out how to get this working. I have tried the following methods to make this work:

• Creating a Drag Drop Operation (was unable to handle the “On Drop”)
  • Following the blueprints in this thread

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

Deadeye

Link doesnt work :frowning:

fixed the link

You can reset ZOrder integer by this settings turned on, so that make blueprints may not overflow the ZOrder counter.

I hope this post was helpful :slight_smile:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64

Hate to necro an 5 year old thread but I’ve spent 2 whole days on this and its killing me.

Does someone have an example on how they handled multiple types of windows? Thanks