UIX: My work toward a user-editable, Blueprint-compatible UI system

Dear Mothership,

I have good news for you and your team!

**You don’t have to modify the engine to use all your game and ui classes in the Editor!

Even if you are only focused on your game, I can show you the steps to being able to edit your UI in-Editor

1. extend the UnrealEdEngine class.

2. create a new EdMode that will trigger from the UnrealEdEngine class when you select certain actors or do some other initiating procedure.

3. in your EdMode you can access all of your existing UI classes, in the .cpp, because your EdMode will include your YourGame.h

4. set the config file for your game to use your custom EdEngine class.

**Result: **if you wish you can now edit your UI in the Editor, using your easily constructed custom Editor class and edmode!

Entire code sample for this is here, in my plugin source code

Just replace all the PCH in the EdEngine and EdMode classes with YourGame.h and you have your entire game available to you.

The **key point **I am making is all you need in your game is a custom EdEngine and EdMode class and your game can use its entire class structure in the Editor.

No engine code needs to be modified and the code will work in every engine version, as long as it compiles within your game project properly.

**I did the exact process I describe here so I know it works **:slight_smile:

As to your UI project itself, it sounds and looks spectacular!

I created my own in-game UI solution as well, so I can easily appreciate the awesomeness of what you’re working on and have already accomplished! :slight_smile:

Rama