Apr 19, 2021.Knowledge
- Project Overview
- Stream opened
- Local path to .uproject/.uprojectdirs file
- Latest sync status
- Settings - Change what file is being used to open the project
- Sync Now - Sync the project using the “To…” setting:
- Latest Change - Sync to absolute latest, could be unstable
- Latest Good Change - Sync to latest change that has been used by another member of the organization ( requires metadata service running )
- Latest Starred Change - Sync to latest change marked by someone using the “Add Star” right-click menu option in the Changelist area.
- Unreal Editor - Run the project in the editor. Leverages the PCB editor when available.
- SDK Info - View SDK availability in the stream
- Perforce - Open stream in P4V
- Visual Studio - Open project in Visual Studio
- Windows Explorer - Open project in Windows Explorer
- More → Clean Workspace - Clean P4 Workspace
- Show Log - Show the log of the latest sync in the Log section. Available upon a failed or cancelled sync operation.
Sync to a particular changelist, and view information about each changelist:
- Type - Code change, content change, or both
- Change - Changelist number in Perforce
- Time - Time change was submitted
- Author - Who submitted the change
- Description - The description of the changelist as written by its author
- CIS - Status of the CIS merge after this change. Requires metadata server.
- Status - Who is currently using the build from a changelist, and their status with it. Requires metadata server.
Right-Click Context Menu
Different options for each changelist, some of which are replicated from the Project Overview Area.
- From Currently Synced Changelist
- Launch Editor - Available if the editor has been previously built for the given CL
- Generate project files
- Open in Visual Studio
- General Options
- Sync ( Just this Change ) - Does not pick up changes in between currently synced changelist and selected changelist.
- Mark as good/bad - Visible to other users. Requires metadata server.
- Withdraw review - Cancel good/bad mark. Requires metadata server.
- Leave comment - Leave a comment that is visible to other UGS users. Requires metadata server.
- Start investigating - Mark changelist as bad, along with all others after, and open up an investigation. Requires metadata server.
- Add Star - Add a star to the build that others can see, meaning it’s a special or approved build. Requires metadata server.
- Copy Changelist - Copy the changelist number to your clipboard
- More Info… - Open the changelist in P4V
Log of current sync operations, including P4 operations and build operations. Right-click context menu allows for selecting all and copying a selection from the log.
- Type - Switch between code and content changelists, or both (default)
- Badges - Filter based on CIS badges
- Show Build Machine Changes - Show build machine changelists as well as user changelists (off by default)
- After Sync Options
- Build - Use UBT to build the project automatically in the “Editor Build Configuration” selected from the UGS Options menu. Default is Debug.
- Run - Run what the build step outputs automatically upon a successful build.
- Open Solution - Open the solution in Visual Studio automatically after generating the project files.
- UGS Options
- Application Settings
- Startup and Shutdown - Configure the app to run on startup and keep running when minimized.
- Default Perforce Settings - The credentials UGS will use to log into Perforce.
- Updates - Where the program will look in Perforce to update itself, and if it’s alright to use an unstable (test) version of the application.
- Integration - Mechanism for UGS to integrate with other applications and tools
- Custom Tools - Tools to use along with UGS. More to come on the individual tools themselves, and how to set up your own.
- Retries on timeout - How many times to try again after timeout.
- TCP Buffer Size - The size for TCP buffer in bytes
- Scheduled Sync
Set what projects are synced and built, what changelist type, and when:
Note: this can also be used to turn off the scheduled syncs.
- Sync Precompiled Binaries - Sync PCBs automatically if available.
- Auto-Resolve Conflicts - Automatically resolve Perforce conflicts.
- Sync Filter… - Open up the sync filter options dialog. For more information on this dialog and its usage, check out the UGS Sync Filter Setup documentation.
- Editor Build Configuration - Select between Debug, DebugGame, and Development.
- Customize Build Steps…
Modify and add new build steps.
- Normal Sync - Run step every time a user syncs
- Scheduled Sync - Run step as part of a scheduled ( automatic ) sync
- Show as Tool - Will be displayed in the Project Overview’s “More…” option as a runnable tool.
- New Step…
Set the name of the task, the status text displayed when running the task, the duration, and how the task is executed:
- Compile - Build a target using UBT with the selected configuration, platforms, and additional command line arguments to UBT
- Cook - Cook through BuildCookRun given a specified profile
- Other - Run a generic executable from a given working directory with a given set of command line arguments. Also allows you to use the log window to show the program’s output.
The Variables menu will open up the environment variables for the task and allows editing them:
- Editor Command Line Arguments…
Edit, add, and remove command line arguments, as well as change the order they’re passed in. You can also force this dialog on each launch if you find yourself editing command line arguments repeatedly.
- Tab Names - Choose between Stream, Workspace Name, Workspace Root, and Project File
- Show Changes - Independently toggle showing changes without reviews and showing changes by automated processes
- Time Zone - Choose between Local and Perforce Server time.
Open diagnostic information about UGS. Clicking “View logs” in this dialog will take you to where UGS writes its logs. This can be very useful for diagnosing UGS-related issues.