[UE5] Unreal Engine Support for Machine Learning

Oh great! Thanks for sharing the pointer to your game! This is the first game I know to do online supervised training (I assume?). The others I knew all use the genetic algorithm, but I think I will find more with my study going. Is the engine released anywhere?

BTW, my apologies if my previous message appeared to be questioning. I never doubt that your team understands ML very well given what you’re working on. I was just thinking out loud about the bright future, especially in the context of AIGC making big turbulences in the real world.

1 Like

Hi there. Finally decided that it’s time to make the switch from Unity to Unreal :grin:… owing to Unity’s new payment model and Unreal’s commitment to support Omniverse. Unfortunately to make the switch will require Unreal Agents to be supported for MacOS and Linux. Any idea of an update as to when this might happen? What is involved in adding the support? Are we waiting for better/completed Open MLIR?

The issue currently with 5.3 is that we didn’t test it on Mac and Linux (note that Learning Agents is an experimental release). The only issues we believe to exist are some paths needing to be adjusted to work on these platforms, otherwise we have no dependencies blocking us.

If you’re building Unreal from Source, it should be fairly trivial to fix these paths to get Learning Agents working; otherwise, we should have these issues fixed by the next release of the engine.