UE4 4.8.2 crashes randomly with no minidump (APEX_DestructiblePROFILE_x64.dll)

Hi Roland,

Sorry about this question getting marked as Resolved. I think it was an accident; when Staff comments, sometimes an existing “answer” will be marked as accepted, and we don’t always catch that. I’ve converted everything back to comments on original question so it’s easier to follow, and I’ll make sure we re-investigate.

main thing we need in order to get any further is to see crash logs. It looks like submitting crash through Crash Reporter isn’t going through (likely because it’s not creating a minidump) but we should still be able to pull clues from those logs. You can find them in project’s \Saved\Logs folder, just them up and attach them here, please.

It may also be helpful to look at actual project if logs don’t give us enough information. If you’re willing to let us see it, you can it up and upload it someplace like Dropbox or Google Drive and send us a PM on forums with link, for privacy.

link text

Attached logs

Hey Roland,

Working through logs on my end. In meantime are you able to reproduce this in 4.9.

Hopefully it’s fixed but if not I’m pulling in some developers on this one.

Thanks,

Hello Roland,

I am currently investigating these logs. In meantime, could you link me your .uproject, content folders and config folders from your project files.

I will also try to reproduce crash.

Thank you,

I can’t find you on forums and i don’t know if it’s possible to give a link via PM here. Please advise

What you can do is send me a dropbox. I’ll download it and you can delete post.

Please don’t get me wrong but that’s not secure way i want to share my current work in. there wrote that i can PM you link and password. Can you please give my your forum alias?

Not a problem. You can go to forums and go to advanced search. There you can type in my name and hit search. You should be able to find me then.

Done. Please tell me when download is finished

Hello Roland,

I am sorry. These do not have source files in them. Unfortunately I cannot rebuild them on my end.

99% of time this will work. However if this is a code project there is not way for me to build content specific I am unable to build. I was unaware of this issue as it is first time I have run into it.

I will need your content, config, source, and .uproject.

I know this is becoming frustrating at this point. I appreciate all of your patience regarding this matter.

Sent you link to sources. In case that helps solving problem - it’s ok to do some juggling with files :slight_smile:

Thanks, testing it now.

Hello Roland,

I troubleshot using your original description your project. I tried pressing play and then randomly moving between tabs inside of your animation BP.

I was unable to reproduce crash. only thing that I noticed was a compile error in BP. It was on “Example Map.” I believe these are reference issues from where I downloaded game and I may not have all of your local files.

I was still able to play your game and kept it open for a while, periodically moving around in PIE and switching between BP tabs.

I really have no idea why this is happening. As I am unable to reproduce this on my end I would like to see if you are able to reproduce this on another computer.

I will continue to look through your crash logs in meantime.

Thanks,

Hello Roland,

I am still unable to reproduce this crash on my end. I am not sure why this is happening but it is not reproducible on my end.

As I cannot reproduce crash I cannot enter this as a bug. only thing I can recommend is to individually import your assets into a fresh project. Systematically try and play with each imported asset. That way you will know for sure exactly where problem is and work from there.