UE 4.4 Material editor crashes with Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V

I already have in my first post?
[link text][1]

Here it is again:
[1]: 13102-dxdiag.txt (34 KB)

This is happening for me with an Nvidia card and Intel setup. Windows 7 sp2. 64bit. Fairly high end system.

Hi crumbaker,

Can you post your full dxdiag here for me along with your crash logs? There may be some information we can glean from these documents. Thank you!

Hey Guys, I’ve got this as well on this machine. Just trying to paste a node and it crashes to desktop.

DXDiag

Crashlog

Hi ,

Can you post the logs associated with the crash located at this filepath:

\Unreal Projects\PROJECT NAME\saved\logs\

Thank you!

Same problem - copy from one material BP (no problems) - paste into another - fine (several nodes at once). Copied single (Lerp) node from material, no problem, paste to second, PROBLEM. Memory warnings as system memory was almost instantly swallowed by Editor - then BSOD (SYSTEM_SERVIE)EXCEPTION (Win32k.sys)) which I have never got before. System isn’t new by a fair shot, but everything else works fine in UE4 even with VS2013 and other stuff open, so this really is a problem with the paste functionality in the material editor. ATI Catalyst version 13.1 (although driver is from 13.4 - not possible to upgrade further - HD4650 2GB) - DXDiag attached FYI:

Edit: BTW forgot to mention UE 4.5.
Edit 2: Just to say - no problems copy/past in othe BP’s - Level, Anim, Mesh/Actor, Class, whatever - only Material. A single unconnected node pasted into the MatEd should not cause a large memory spike nor a crash of any sort as it will not affect the shader anyway (being unconnected), there is a bug in the MatEd wrt pasting.

PS: Converted to comment
link text

Hi

After looking at your dxdiag, I believe that your computer is below the minimum recommended specifications for the engine as listed here: .unrealengine.com/latest/INT/GettingStarted/RecommendedSpecifications/index.html . Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the editor will run efficiently on any specifications below this. I tested this crash on several computers with multiple video cards and memory allocations and did not receive the crash as you defined. Do you have any other steps that I could attempt to reproduce this on my end? Thank you.

Good afternoon,

It looks like I’m running into this on UE 4.5. The engine will crash every time I try to copy / paste a TextureSample while in the Material Editor.

I have attached my dxdiag.txt. When I try to upload the .log and .dmp from the crash I receive a message stating “This attachment is not permitted because the file type is invalid.” …

EDIT: I threw a .txt on the end of my .log to get it to upload

link text
link text

Hello,

I have the same here, but the happened occasionally, sometimes with Live Update checked, sometimes don’t. And I have recorded a video of how this happened.

Video
link text

Hi ,

Which version of the editor are you currently using?

I’m using 4.5.1

Hi everyone,

We have entered a bug report, UE-5556 to be assessed by the development staff. Thank you for the information you have provided thus far. If anyone else is experiencing this error, please comment and post your logs, callstack, and dxdiag so we can continue attempting to fix this crash.