UE 4.10.1 Install / Verify / Download Loop

Hi there. So for the last two days I’ve been trying to launch UE4 4.10.1 to no success. Trying to launching it from the Epic Games Launcher gives me the option to resume installing, which will quickly show “Installing” all the way up to about 20%, when it then switches to “Verifying” for the remaining 80%, afterwards it will say “Downloading”, quickly going to 100% in a few seconds, been doing this for quite some time now.

Trying to launch it from the UE4Editor.exe gives an error window “Missing VCRUNTIME.dll”, so that doesn’t work either.

Any / All help would be appreciated!

Also i cant find the logs to post them, would someone let me know where they would be?


Try to install/reinstall VS2015 + Update1
reinstall UnrealLauncher and install OS updates and try again

Hi WhisperofDog,

I haven’t seen a download/verify loop like this before. Try the troubleshooting steps linked below in the "Launcher is Unable to Download Content’ section. Afterwards if the issue is still present, please follow the 10 steps at the bottom of the page to find your ‘Verbose Logs’ and post them here. They will help us track down the issue.

Alright, so I’ve tried the few things listed there, to no success so far. Just restarted and am waiting on the verify to finish. Ill get back to you when this finishes whatever its doing.

I had let it go overnight, and woke up to a “Installation Failed” or some sort of error.

Checking that page I don’t see anything to find “Verbose Logs”, but I’ve turned debug mode on so ill post those when this Verifying is done.

Thanks for the help.

Hi WhisperofDog,

Any update?

Hi WhisperofDog,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that I mentioned above then post back here with the requested info.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.