TwitchWorks - The easy-to-use Twitch Integration for Unreal Engine 4!

Hi Sleepykid,

Thank you for your question. There is currently experimental support for the Twitch channel points system (for plugin version 1.0.12+, released for Unreal Engine 4.23+). This will, unfortunately, only pick up on channel points events that require the user to enter some text (this is a limitation with the way Twitch sends the plugin its information).

If you’re already a TwitchWorks user - look for the Bind to OnPointsEvent node, create a custom event, and use the node to bind this event to your Twitch Chat shortly after it successfully connects (make sure you use the On Successful Login pin and not the “regular” execution pin, as the Chat will be invalid in this case). When you split the struct pin provided for this event, you should be able to access the Points Event Reward ID variable.

As noted before, your events must require text input for the system to work. Failing to do so will result in Twitch not informing the plugin about the points events, meaning they won’t show up as an event.

I’m afraid that in light of the requirements Twitch has placed on which channels can use the points system, and the experimental nature of the feature, I cannot guarantee that it will work nor that I will be able to provide extensive support but feel free to send me an email if you have any follow-up questions.

Does anyone know, if this is one of the tools CodeMiko uses for her interactive VTube streams?

Hello, there’s any update on the channel points stuff? I see that Vseeface managed to do it.
Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if this plugin allows streaming? I want to implement a feature similar to OBS that allows the user to login to twitch and directly stream my application, with no 3rd party applications.

Kind regards,

Alejandro.