TwitchPlay

Thanks! Instantly bought it :slight_smile:

Will definitely be purchasing this over the weekend.

Will this be updated to 4.13?

I will update as soon as possible. Kinda busy with work right now. However since you get source code access with the plugin you could rebuild it yourself as well if you need it now :slight_smile:

Hi DiG,

Thank you for the plugin. It will be helpful for my project. I do have a couple things I noticed which you may want to address, however:

1. TwitchIRCComponent public member “oath_token_” I believe should be “oauth_token_” (which a u) since it represents a Twitch OAuth token. Similarly in TwitchIRCComponent::SetUserInfo() the param is called “oath_” when it should be “oauth_”.

2. More importantly, there is a problem using the TwitchIRCComponent from C++ code. This is that the Source/Public/Components/TwitchIRCComponent.h includes TwitchPlayPrivatePCH.h file, which causes a compile error when a game’s C++ code tries to include TwitchIRCComponent.h. This is because Unreal Engine does not let external code to include any code from Source/Private. All code included from external code must reside in Source/Public directories. I fixed this in my copy by simple removing the include of TwitchPlayPrivatePCH.h as it was not needed by TwitchIRCComponent nor TwitchPlayComponent.

As a suggestion, it would be great if purchasers could contribute pull requests for the plugin. Perhaps it could be hosted privately on github with access granted to purchasers?

Cheers,
David

Hi David, sorry for the late response, I was in crunch time for Milan Gamesweek 2016 :smiley:

First of all, huge thanks for your support!

1: I will go ahead and change that in the official 4.13 update (which unfortunately has been postponed a bit because of work D:)
2: Totally forgot about that, thanks for catching the bug! Will fix in the official 4.13 update.

How could I go about making a github repository only for purchasers? I don’t get any email info associated with the purchase so I would not be able to add a user based on that. Any suggestion?

I’ve noticed that the return value for the “Authenticate Twitch IRC” node always comes out as true; even when I leave all of the parameters blank or input garbage data. I’d like to be able to trigger warning prompt in game when the user’s details are incorrect. Is this a bug, or something I’m missing?

Currently authentication only fails when there’s a network error. You can read about it in the documentation. I still need to work on parsing the Twitch back message for correct authentication.

Can I use this to get a list of all the usernames in a chat channel?

Yes, list of usernames would be useful. Remember 1 vs 100 on xbox live. This plug-in would be fantastic to make Twitch based mini gameshows with tons of chat interactivity.

Will update to 4.17 ASAP!

Bumpity bump!

Just ran into a critical bug in the 4.18 version (not sure about some others - I upgraded directly from 4.15 to 4.18): Connecting to the server using the Connect node fails with “Could not resolve hostname!” if Steam is enabled.

I have a tiny test project here that showcases the error - all I did in the blank project was enable TwitchPlay and the Steam online subsystem, add the relevant lines to DefaultEngine.ini as shown here, and set up a BP in a GameMode that calls the Connect node on BeginPlay. Enabling Steam stops TwitchPlay from being able to connect.

(Note: You have to run the test project as a standalone game, not in-editor, to see the problem. Running in-editor doesn’t actually use Steam, and so can successfully connect to Twitch).

Looking into this, thanks for the report.

The fix should be ready. Just waiting on some testing to be completed before pushing to actual release.

Hi mate;

Can we use this for a survey?

What do you mean by that?

How would somebody use this plugin through c++? I can’t figure out exactly how to include the classes, there’s not much documentation on it

edit: I get the source and it looks pretty nice to use, but I cannot for the life of me figure how I’d include the classes once the plugin is in my project, are there any c++ examples or just steps I can take to be able to include and uses these classes in my own c++?