[TUTORIAL] Random Maze Generator

Sorry to resurrect a totally dead thread, but I found this on a search while trying to build this project. I can’t even get past page 5. No matter what I try, I can’t get the InstancedStaticMesh to show up in the drop down. If I drag off the InstanceMesh on the input side, you can see it’s missing. If I drag off the target pin of the Add Instance, I add the static mesh component there. Any idea what the heck I’m doing wrong here. I know most people got past this, but I have been over this a dozen times and can’t see where I’m missing something. Thanks.

Hey, awesome tutorial but I think I’m missing something on page 9. Anyway we could get the file to see your blueprint mappings? The pictures are kinda small

Could anyone post the blueprint file ?

Hi just wondering, on pages 11/12 the tutorial tells us to connect the spawn instances node and the populate walls node to the same exec pin. first off this is impossible and secondly, neither of the pictures show the other. Am i missing something because the code just won’t work for me

Did you manage to make this work?

Has anyone else experienced the issue where the first Path Tile is the only one to populate? I’ve had this issue on two engine versions across two different devices so I presume I’m doing something wrong! Does anyone have a fix for this?

It is possible to be able to update the tutorial because I followed the tutorial and I do not arrive at the result or to have the project itself please?

@**SaxonRah **you can give me the Random Maze Generator Blueprint, if you have finished this tutorial and you have.

I cannot tell you where you went wrong, I cannot even tell you where I went wrong, but it happened. Thrice. I thought I had followed everything so closely, even went back through step-by-step and couldn’t find out what went wrong.

I started this tutorial from scratch 4 different times (almost a year apart), fourth times the charm. It works well. All I can tell you is to make absolutely sure you’re setting up everything, pictures and documentation.

Does anyone have a working blueprint…? I managed to make the borders show up but can’t get the path tiles to appear no matter what. I thought I found the problem: variable CurrentFreeSide was false by default, but after setting it to true everything crashed. I rechecked numerous times and even had friends looking for what I’ve done wrong but nothing to be found. I was hoping to use this for my app assignment at university. Please help.

I know is a bit late on this, I manage to complete the tutorial. @Pattym if you agree I will stat working on a video tutorial based on your files and add a link in this comment section. Please let me know if you agree or not.

yes, i agree

I’ve not been that active on the forums over the last few years but I’m glad this is still useful. I’ll most likely revisiting this myself in the next few months for my current pet project. :slight_smile:

@Arbhunter With everything I’ve learnt over the years I would recommend using an Int Point Set variable type for storing the path data instead of array. It should be faster and give better performance.