[TUTORIAL] Procedural forest creation at runtime in Blueprints

Yeah, that’s basically what I described above with the noise layer idea. It needs to be about the same res as the heightmap used, or some multiple of that, in order to map it easily to areas on the terrain.

Really it’s just a uint8 buffer, indexed by the X/Y coordinates of the terrain squares. You just add/remove value from all three channels in order to paint more foliage down (assuming white = full density, black = nothing).

Of course, how it interfaces with zlug’s system is another matter - there has to be a translation from the color value to a spawner density in the generation.

Hi zlug,

My question was regarding how to generate the forest from a ‘class blueprint’.
The level blueprint call works fine.

Any you’d give a more thorough tutorial for ? I’m struggling to understand what anything means in your instructions (obviously noob here)

Tom, I can not agree with you any better. I am also a BIG NOOB at and to me it sounds more like, 1. Add StartWorker on zone 2. run game 3. fire Startworker. It tells us to add some links but fail to state where to place the new additions or how to make them such as what options to use where to link them if any etc. It is like baking a cake as 1. Add flower 2. Add Eggs, 3. Add water etc. How much of what ingredients do we need to make cake and what kind of cake is it going to be? Please do not get me wrong, Blueprint does look cool especially for us noobs wanting to learn some thing new about using UDK 4. lol Been a week now trying to figure one out how to get it to work.