Tutorial: Learning Agents Introduction

In case anyone is playing around with the plugin from source, this morning I pushed out what might be the last major update for the near future (there is still plenty of small issues and potential bug fixes coming in the next weeks).

If you have checked it out, here are some changes which will impact you:

• ULearningAgentsManager - we made a new actor that is sort of the core of the system. We split this out from Agent Type. @jonathaj - this is similar to the manager you made (sort of). It contains the code responsible for add/remove agent, and you attach the other components to this actor. You can have multiple of them if you need/want.
  • ULearningAgentsInteractor - This is what the rest of Agent Type became. The interactor is responsible for defining & implementing how the agents interact with the game world, i.e. observations and actions.

We also added some convenience methods like “RunInference” on the ULearningAgentsPolicy and “RunTraining” on the ULearningAgentsTrainer (again @jonathaj - might be useful in your playing around).

I will post a course similar to Jonathan’s to the forums eventually (at the very latest when the plugin becomes available in your normal UE download). I’ll link to it here when it’s available.

Thanks! Looking forward to any feedback and really excited to see some learning agents in the wild!

3 Likes