Tutorial: Creating a core-data Mod (Not a Map, just a Mod :)

You’ll want to change the MaxHarvestHealth and HarvestHealthGiveResourceInterval (how often you’re given a resource) of your new Harvest Component, and of course use your gamedata mapping to map the old wood harvest component to your new one :slight_smile:

I’ve been doing alot of research and I cannot find an answer, trial and error has gotten me nowhere. I don’t have any programming experience, so I feel the answer must be obvious, I just don’t have it. How do I make my child playerpawntest blueprint reference my child playercharacterstatus_BP blueprint?

Content browser > Right click in ur mod folder>CLick blueprint shortcut - icon > All classes expand at the bottom> type in bp u wana subclass> select> new icon appears, name it how u want, done.

Made a “light” version of my mod, trying to upload it after cooking it and I’m now getting the following error; “Steam Workshop Template not found”. Anyone know how to fix this or why it would be happening?

What you’re gonna wanna do is duplicate the PlayerPawnTest rather than subclass it, and duplicate PlayerPawnTestMale and PlayerPawnTestFemale and reparent those to your new PlayerPawnPawnTest – and then reference your new PlayerPawnTestMale and PlayerPawnTestFemale in the gender sections of your PrimalGameData. And then you can directly edit the primalcharacterstatuscomponent of your new custom PlayerPawnTest!

We really could use more guidance with how to alter items!!! There is not enough info here to do so. I can’t even change the weight of one item. Please help!

Is there even anybody out there that even knows how to change items???

Changing Cementing Paste Seems Way to HARD TO CHANGE! Please HELP!

, when remapping NPC BPs such as a complete dino stat overhaul each BP (character_BP, DinoTamedInventory, DinoSettings, DinoCharacterStatus, etc) can be remapped under remap NPC without any issues correct or is there a better way of doing that?

I am not sure if you are just having a hard time locating the item you speak, but to change metal ceilings, doors, etc cement paste cost you need to go in: game/primalearth/corebleprints/structures/buildingbases/ and then you can open anyone of the metal items. inside scroll 3/4 of the way down and you will see “Base Crafting Resource Requirement”

PS the cementing paste is actually called “PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste” which is located at “game/primalearth/corebleprints/Resources” or you can just copy and paste the name of it in the search filter.

I just only Wand a Default Game with only moodet some Weight or Crafting Ressources :slight_smile: its a litle bit hard for a beginner to find a Way of this “Primitive Wolrd mod” in GenericMod.umap :smiley: why not place a simple default game config that we can litle by litle change… :slight_smile: i feel now that i am stupid :frowning:

i hope some one can made a tutorial for change only Wood weight to 0.05 it would be a nice beginn and simple to understand how the mechanik work :slight_smile:

I’ve had a dig around and cant find anything but is it possible to create HTTP requests at all? I couldn’t find any relevant blueprint functions but I am hoping there is something buried away we can make use of :stuck_out_tongue: (If not, pleeeease add it? :))

a quick google gives this -

Tested in editor and playing worked perfect - loading actual game and got this error

http://puu.sh/iUp4r/5010aae23a.png

Anyone got any ideas?

If it was only that easy!!! Its tied to over 6 other objects so no…

Is it possible to reference a mod via INI files instead of command line? Not all VPS providers allow you to edit the commandline that much.

Yeah, it does. As much as a snarky “google it” response is appreciated unfortunately that is a code change which at this point in time is not supported with the ARK modding. I was looking more for if they had implemented a similar feature under a different name :slight_smile:

it wasn’t snarky at all but thanks, won’t bother trying to help you in the future

Well then I apologize, I am far too used to the open waters of the internet clearly :stuck_out_tongue:

I have created my core data mod, and uploaded it to steam.

I’m having trouble with the command line for the dedicated server, to specify the mod. I followed all the instructions I could find, but it’s not downloading the mod.

I manually copied the mod (downloaded from a different client) to the /Content/Mods folder, and I’m specifying that location in the command line (as I said it’s not working).

Can someone show me their command line to load a dedicated server with a mod? I can change my details once I see the format. Please only share this information if you have it working on your dedicated server, don’t link me the instructions from elsewhere (they are not clear, or not working, or both).

Thank you!