Truong Bui - Async Loading Screen

Async Loading Screen v1.7.0 now supports PSO Precaching loading.

Tutorial

Enable PSO Precaching Progress Widget

Changlogs

If I understand correctly than it use its own PSO precach system ?

And what If I already have a PSO precache plugin I made and I want to use your Loading Screen plugin (without the PSO pre cache) and my PSO precache plugin together ?

No, ALS doesn’t have a PSO precache system. It checks data from the UE’s PSO precaching: PSO Precaching for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.8 Documentation | Epic Developer Community

And what If I already have a PSO precache plugin I made and I want to use your Loading Screen plugin (without the PSO pre cache) and my PSO precache plugin together ?

It won’t work. You have to provide a solution so other people can detect when the process is done.

1 Like

@TruongBui Hello!
I’m having an issue with videos in Unreal Engine 5.8: they don’t appear when the map loads (showing black instead). I used the same videos in other versions of Unreal Engine 5 without problems. I added the “Movies” folder to the “Additional Non-Asset Directories To Copy” setting, but it still isn’t working.

Please try those movie clips on an empty project and check if the Show Overlay Widget option is enabled.

Hello!
Thanks for your quick reply!
I checked, and the “Show Overlay Widget” option is enabled, but the videos still aren’t showing up.

you should disable this option if you want to show the video as background

I just checked the packed game on an old PC for the first time, and there was a message “compiling shaders” and it took almost 2 minuets for it to complete, so doesn’t it mean that the shaders are compiling ? It opened on the most heavy level we have in the game and everything run smooth (we checked it on an old PC that has the minimum configuration we are aiming for - RTX 2060)

Thanks a lot!
It worked, but now the bottom loading bar doesn’t appear anymore.

Yes, it shows PSO precaching was working.

If you want to show loading bar you have to enable the Show Overlay Widget. You can hide the background image by setting the Alpha Color to 0

1 Like

I didn’t implement any PSO pre-cache solution on my side, so I don’t understand why you wrote a few days ago:

"No, ALS doesn’t have a PSO precache system. It checks data from the UE’s PSO precaching: PSO Precaching for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.8 Documentation | Epic Developer Community

And what If I already have a PSO precache plugin I made and I want to use your Loading Screen plugin (without the PSO pre cache) and my PSO precache plugin together ?

It won’t work. You have to provide a solution so other people can detect when the process is done."

===Edit===
I’m on UE5.7 and maybe the PSO precaching is enabled by default and this is why I’m confused about that ?

Thank you very much!

You are correct. The Engine enables PSO by default since 5.3. Async Loading Screen plugin doesn’t enable PSO. The Engine does. The PSO option in ALS is only for showing the VISUAL of the PSO precaching process.

1 Like