Triggered Flame Thrower Damage Effect Issue

You forgot to put function name in the timer. It is also set to looping, which isnt something you want for this purpose i believe.
However, i dont know whats going on with the rest of your BP but it seems like you dont need a timer for this anyway. Just attach Activate to sequence then_1, and then deactivate it after a Delay node set to 3 seconds.

Okay Jacky I will give this a try!!

Ah Jacky that works perfectly…but…is there a way to connect the Fire on Character part of my Blueprint so the BoxTrigger that places the particles on his body will deactivate at the same time as the Flames? It looks kinda bad when I run through after the Flamethrower deactivates and I still burst into flames!! LOL…

ebf354a5bb431509565116ee856c7ef5c132e02f.jpeg

My character is getting burned even after the delay deactivates the flamethrower’s flames because the Flame Volume is still active. How do I disable a volume that has it’s on event calling it?

This is the small volume that activates the flames coming out of the player character.

This part of the blueprint only controls the particles (Flames) and sounds coming out of the Flamethrower.

As you can see they are separate…Is there a way to connect two events in the same Blueprint?

Is there a way to make the other trigger volume inactive at the same time as the flamethrower’s flames so they can turn on and off in sync?

I dont know which one of your questions you’ve solved but here it goes:

-Detach the spawned particle system before you deactivate the flamethrower so that it keeps burning even after you leave the trigger.
-You can use a Gate > plug OnBeginOverlap event of the Trigger volume to Enter > plug BeginOverlap event of flame damage volume to Open and EndOverlap to Close. This way you will receive damage only when you are overlapping both volumes at the same time.

Hey Jacky,
I couldn’t get it to work using the Gate but thanks for the suggestion, it made me use this setup which actually got me the results I wanted.

The flamethrower overlap should call a function in the player to see if the flames should activate on the player, you could use a variable, tag, or custom status effect actor to see if the player is already on fire. Along with sending the player how long they should be on flames. Or if you want the effect to stop when the player leaves the flames you can just have another event for end overlap, and have a custom event for stopping the effect also.

Oh yeah DarkHorror I have all that implemented and am even taking life away. My biggest issue now is figuring out how to get my flames to collide with the wall and spread like flames would.

Any idea how to create collision for the flames or how to make them spread upon touching the wall?

I found a solution to my issue! Thanks to all who helped me through this!!