Trees and plants for Mobile

Love your pack! I’m having an issue with the SM_Rock_01 and 02. When I package my project and push to my phone I get the error:

LogShaderCompilers: Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/Trees_and_plants_Mobile/Materials/M_MasterMaterial.M_MasterMaterial (MI:MI_1MasterInstances) for platform PCD3D_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.

I think because of that, whenever I try to touch the SM_Rock assets, they go black on me. Any idea what I can do to fix this? Is it just an incompatibility issue with my specific platform? I’m publishing for SDK 21.

Hello! Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the error. Please tell us the ue4 version you are using.
What version of visual studio is installed if you are using it? If possible, please send to our mail the project or part of the project that contains the error for consideration.
All models use the same material, this should not cause problems.

Before getting it all together I wanted to double check I hadn’t done something wrong, so I did a fresh install of your package. Works like a charm now…I must have done something to the material at some point without realizing it. Thanks for the fast response though either way.

I’m hoping you put together more mobile based nature packages, the ones you have right now have been perfect for my AR projects. Have a good one!

We are glad that everything works!

could you do a short demo so I can see what they look like walking around them on pc. they look really good in pics , but its hard to tell.

Where is the “light billboard correction” parameter? The plants are lit up like lightbulbs at night. Or where is the FAQ section? If I put the blueprint out and lower the billboard light intensity , they are still lit like lightbulbs at night. If I set the billboard light intensity to zero , they are black during the day.

So I found the FAQ and made the material changes , but the stems (at least from one side) , are still black in the day. Like so —